TeachMe: 1st Grade
By 24x7digital LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** WINNER for Best Elementary Student App!!! - http://bestappever.com/awards/2012/winner/eled
***** Readers' Choice Top 10 at SmartAppsForKids.com!!!
EXCLUSIVE: Uses TeachTech to read child's written math and spelling answers.
TeachMe: 1st Grade is the third installment in the popular TeachMe series of educational apps for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. TeachMe: 1st Grade teaches four age-appropriate subjects to first grade children: sight words, addition, subtraction and spelling. TeachMe: 1st Grade's unique TeachTech character recognition engine interprets a child's written answers, helping to reinforce writing skills while teaching math and spelling.
TeachMe: 1st Grade keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn coins by playing learning games at the school. They can move around the rest of TeachTown to spend their coins on fun rewards. Children can collect stretchable shapes at the Shape Store, visit their virtual aquarium at the Fish Store, and decorate different scenes at the art store. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the child to learn and succeed! In addition, the learning screens are colorful, fun and rotate between four different subjects so children don't get bored.
TeachMe: 1st Grade is the only iPhone app which reads your child's writing using TeachTech, 24x7digital's writing recognition engine. Children write their answers for math and spelling questions and TeachMe: 1st Grade reads them using TeachTech. If your child needs help, TeachMe: 1st grade will show them how to write the correct answer including the proper stroke order. TeachMe also includes a virtual keyboard input option.
Each child has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can also review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
• TeachTech writing recognition, or virtual keyboard input
• Achievement screen show progress and levels for each topic
• Explore TeachTown to spend coins on fun rewards
• Collectable stretchable shapes reward found at the Shape Store
• Virtual Aquarium reward (7 types of fish and 50+ items)
• 7 different sticker reward scenes: space, playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
• Over 170 different stickers for adding to scenes
• Classroom friendly personalized learning for 40 students
• Select which subjects are displayed for each child
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Sight Words: Dolch First Grade
• Addition: up to a total of 20 with additional advanced questions
• Subtraction: from 20 down with additional advanced questions
• Math questions are shown both horizontally and vertically
• Spelling: 170+ 1st grade level words
Email us at support@24x7digital for help & suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: Toddler, TeachMe: Kindergarten, TeachMe: 2nd Grade, and TeachMe: 3rd Grade. Also try out SightWords Pro, Smiley Sight Words, and TimesTables (Multiplication Tables and Drills).
What's New in Version 4.0.1
• Added More screen.
* Added contact support to help screen.
• Various bug fixes and enhancements.
Excellent Learning Tool
I love this program as a whole, personally I think the rewards could be a little cooler but when you get down to it this app is about learning not the rewards. One critique I do have is that when you have to spell a word, I think it should have underlines or something to signify how many letters are in that word (2, 3, or 4). This is especially annoying to me when a word like 'ball' comes up to spell. My daughter sounds out the word and puts b, a, and l, but she doesn't realize the word contains 2 L's and it's unfortunate to see her get an answer like that wrong when she did so well to sound out the word and get the correct letters. Other than those minor details, this is a great app. Well worth the small price, and overall excellent for learning and/or review.
Amazing learning app!
I love this app! My 4 going on 5 year old daughter is currently using it. I have worked a lot with her on reading and sounding out words but not so much with adding, subtracting and writing. We started with teach me toddler and teach me kindergarten. She has gone through those and mastered the info and now is at the 1st grade level.
When we first started using it the writing portion was a little difficult for her but with time and practice she has gotten the hang of it and enjoys writing outside of the app with great improvement!
Great educational tool!
This is, by far, our family's favorite and longest used educational ap. The reward system is very helpful in keeping my kids interested as they learn. The settings allow you to customize learning. I would give this ap 5 stars if the keyboard was a normal QWERTY keyboard. An alphabetized keyboard may make things easier in the short run, but kids these days need to get used to QWERTY boards. I do prefer the keyboard option over the handwriting option which is difficult to use.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 12, 2013
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 75.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 24x7digital LLC
- © 2010-2013 24x7digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.