By William Jockusch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is a fast-paced and addictive anagram game. The game will give you a word, except that the letters have been scrambled. You simply drag the letters to their correct positions. Then the game gives you another word, and so on.
Your goal is to solve as many words as possible before time expires.
• Support for the following word lists:
• A specially-designed word list for Anagramania
• The word list used for the fourth edition of the Official Scrabble® Players Dictionary
• 2-10 letter words from the following Scrabble® tournament word lists: OWL and OWL2 (North America) and CSW (British).
• A French-language word list (ODS4).
• With the Anagramania list, ten different levels of difficulty. Regardless of whether you are a novice or a master, you can find one that is right for you.
• For the other lists, you can practice words of particular lengths, or words that contain specific letters. If you are a Scrabble player, this is a great way to improve.
• Learning mode in which the program prefers to give you words you have failed to solve in the past
• A game review feature that lets you see all the words you got . . . and the ones you missed!
• A practice mode with a "hint" button that gives you a little bit of the correct answer. If you are still stuck, you can ask for another hint, and another . . . until you see it.
• A settings screen that lets you customize the game to your taste.
• High score tracking, a pause button, and more!
But above all, this game stands out from the others because of the touch-and-drag control for rearranging the letters. Most people find it intuitive, natural, and easier to use than the alternatives.
Anagrams have never been so fast, easy, or fun!
What's New in Version 1.3.2
fixed crash bug
As a competitive Scrabble tournament player, I agree with another user's comments that this game is quite good but could be even better if the letters were presented in alphagram format (preferably in capital letters). I would love to see the CSW12 (Collins/SOWPODS) list added since this is the CSW that will be in effect beginning on January 1, 2012. I've already spent many hours quizzing my word knowledge with this app and I highly recommend it!
Please allow letter case change!
As a Scrabble player my brain is accustomed to seeing tiles in capital letters, it'd be great if this game gave us that option. Also, advanced players study alphagrams so it'd be even better if there was an option to automatically have the letters alphabetized. I really like this app. It's more fun than studying with flash cards. Although, the lower case letters actually give me a headache. :-(
Competitive scabble player here. I find this to be a fun way of studying on the go. The selection of 9 and 10's in the default setting full of nice words to practice pure anagramming. If it allowed for custom word lists it would be even better but the inclusion of OWL2 makes this worth it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 19, 2011
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Jockusch
- © William Jockusch 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.