Hero of Sparta II
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Argos is finally back! The popular Spartan saga continues on iPhone, following the huge success of its revolutionnary first opus: Winner of IGN 2008’s “Best Action Game” and “Best Graphics Technology” Award, “A Nintendo DS or Sony PSP-quality title on the iPhone” (iLounge).
Sailing back from Hell after many battles, Argos finally reaches the shores of his homeland: Sparta. But no human leaves Hades' kingdom alive without consequences. A new odyssey begins for our hero - a journey that will force him face the gods, his fate and his own choices to answer for his arrogance!
THE NEXT-GEN ACTION GAME ON iPhone & iPod touch
A thrilling, non-stop hack’n’slash game jam-packed with action and innovation.
- Furious combat against even more colossal enemies: more combos, more violence!
- Hold your breath all along your adventure: each level provides the player a new experience – a new weapon, a new gameplay, a new power and more.
- Improved interaction with the environment: break gates, climb cliffs, ruin temples and force your way through all obstacles!
OPTIMIZED CONTROL SCHEME FOR INTENSE ACTION
- Advanced action virtual pad: don’t just tap the screen - actually aim your attacks!
- New 360° jump control offering more freedom and enhanced platforming gameplay: jump anywhere, even during fights to perform air combos.
A NEW ADVENTURE, A NEW GRAPHICAL REVOLUTION
- 12 levels to explore, set up in 8 new majestic environments: from Sparta to the depths and heights of Earth.
- Unique and exclusive 3GS graphics providing additional 3D, light and relief effects.
WRITE A NEW PAGE OF ARGOS' LEGEND
- New powers & new weapons: only the best gear will give you a chance to survive the challenges ahead.
- Fight and kill the mythical foes that dare cross your path. But be warned: stronger enemies will always be lurking.
- Only the bravest warriors are worthy of entering the Arena. Will you be good enough to face the ultimate challenge?
***** Game Hunter Challenge:
Tweet: I found a new @Gameloft Game! Hero of Sparta II: http://j.mp/d4arWY #GameHunter202 Join the hunt: http://j.mp/aGk2Jx and follow @Gameloft!
What's this? http://j.mp/aGk2Jx
Visit us on www.heroofsparta.com or http://twitter.com/HeroofSparta!
Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft or read our official blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
Minor bugs fixed.
In all honesty, who leaves WiFi on? I certainly don't, (especially not after the iOS 5 update) and therefore the ad issue really doesn't affect me that much. I'm just glad that I can play this epic sequel for free.
(Below is my critical response)
My brother bought this game for the full price of 6 or 7 bucks. Knowing your games always go on sale during the holidays, I decided to wait. When it finally became free, I laughed so hard at him UNTIL I downloaded it (yeah, I read the reviews but figured people were exaggerating) and saw more ads than games.
I am a huge Gameloft fan: I own every single title you've released on the AppStore, and have to say the big ones are all wonderful (Order and Chaos is my favorite, followed by the NOVA series, Dungeon Hunter series (you completely butchered the 3rd one, by the way), and Asassin's Creed), and even your smaller ones are good for a lunch break. So putting ads into a game I would gladly pay money for (and telling people who've already bouth it "not to update" is a HUGE slap in the face.
It used to be that the only games of yours that sucked were Rayman, Rogue Planet, and a few of your other older ones. Now, even though HoSII has great gameplay and graphics, I am very disappointed.
Really Gameloft? Really?
When I saw this app, I was really excited because Hero of Sparta I was AMAZING! But Hero of Sparta II is a JOKE. First of all, the graphics are not as appealing as the first game, and the the auto adjust perspective is downright stupid - half the time I can't even see Argos. Secondly, the focused kill button is under the attack button, and a little to the right. Hello? My thumb is on the attack button. How am I supposed to see the focused kill button if a) it's blocked by my thumb, and b) it's the same color as every other button on the screen? At least in the first game it was BLUE and ABOVE the attack button. Also, there are no health recharge "stations" so I'm walking around with 10 percent health. And half the time I have no idea where to go or what to do in the game because there are barely any directions during gameplay and no direction arrows. In the first game, there was always an arrow pointing to the general direction you were supposed to go in. When I was playing Hero of Sparta II, I had to check if it was made by the same people as Hero of Sparta I, because there was such a drastic difference in quality. I bought this app for $4.99. I wouldn't get it even if it was free.
Poor execution. Gameloft should be ashamed
To have an update for a game many have paid full price on just to have annoying ad banners in the game is a slap in the face for the fans. Telling it's owners to simply not update the app is a shameful act on Gameloft and like me and many others have lost a lot of respect for the company due to this poor execution. When you have hundreds upon hundreds of apps in iTunes, clicking that "Update All" button is a lot easier for most, and to remember to always not update a specific app just because the company decided to be evil and put ad banners in a long running paid app is horrid. Plus always having that notification number on top of the AppStore icon can be annoying for a lot of people and knowing that it's always going to be visible now and you can't get rid of it because you don't want to update a paid app is annoying…many don't want that, the thought of why you're not updating will always linger. Updated, deleted trash, got ads like many and now being cautious of supporting any Gameloft game at full price. This is a disrespect to it's fans and Gameloft should know better. Very shameful and disappointing.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 19, 2011
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 348 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2010 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft, the Gameloft logo, and Hero of Sparta are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.