By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen, just like pen on paper (Requires iOS 8 or later).
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
**Import and Annotate PDFs**
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
**Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback**
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
**All Electronic Workflow**
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
**Organize and Share Notes**
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
What's New in Version 5.61
Fix for a bug that prevented conversion of files to PDF when importing (Error 400).
Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen, just like pen on paper (Requires iOS 8 or later). This feature is on by default and can be found in Settings.
New typing toolbar on iPhone.
This app is amazing. Ive been using it for 2 years now it i keep finding out amazing things. For one, i like to record lectures in class. When i press record and take my own notes, i can play back the recording and watch my notes highlight according to when i wrote it to the audio. It works the other way around too; i can open the audio and press a bulletin that i wrote and the audio will start playing when i wrote that bulletin. It also has palm rest (which needs a little work), inserting pictures, and a search bar. If your teacher writes study guides for the tests, you can search a keyword and watch all the articles pop up that have that word in it. When you click on one, notability will highlight that word so its easy to find. This app has made studying easier, funner, and overall better.
It also links with my phone so if i dont have my ipad and i have some free time out with family/friends, i can reread my notes from my phone. I can also take a pic/video of the lecture with my phone and itll sync with my ipad. I hope this app holds a lot because im going to be using it for awhile
Great for College
As a college student Notability is an ideal way for me to take notes without worrying about losing them, all I need is my iPad and I'm set for class. This world for me high school and I continues to use it on college. I have folders for every class and everything labelled. Unlike other apps that I have used (Penultimate, Bamboo, etc.) Notability initially had no glitches and it was wonderful. There was no lag and everything was smooth. In recent months though each update makes the app worse. It started with an update that caused the majority of my notes to disappear, eventually they appeared back on my iPad ad but that was after the internal freak out when I opened it for class and didn't have my notes. Today I opened it and when I was trying to move things that app was lagging and wouldn't cooperate. I have since disabled the new features they are promoting in the hopes that this can be avoided. I love this app but simpler is better, a simple app that has minimal lag is my #1 favorite feature.
Crashes A lot, No Copy Paste Scissor Function
Feedback from a Graduate Student w/ an IPAD Air 2.
1. Freezes a lot make sure to take a picture of w/e text box you were initially on, bc it wont save it when you have to exit the program and re-open it.
2. also the scissor copy/paste feature does Nothing when you circle whatever it is that you wanted to copy.
Other than that, Its the best note taking program I've come across as far was Typing additional Notes on PDFs is concerned.
Constructive Criticism for App-Designers:
1. Improve the Styllus Pen Written Note Palm Rejection Function
2. Add the (bluetooth function) feature
3. Improve Crash & Saving of Data
4. After taking a Picture, eliminate the Text Box over the Picture from Disappearing behind the picture if you click the picture. In other words, "Send to back" or "Bring forward" features (like in Word) would be Helpful.
5. After taking a Picture, enable one to Draw on the picture. Make a specific feature for that.
6. Within a Subject, you should allow the feature of adding an additional document folder to organize your notes. The only current method of organization within a subject is "date modified etc" & ABC-Order. That isnt enough to keep notes organized. Just saying
Hope this helps!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 30, 2015
- Version: 5.61
- Size: 49.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.