By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.4.1
- Fixed an audio distortion issue on recording playback.
- Fixed a crash on iPhone when working on notes with lots of photos.
- Fixed a scrolling issue when using external keyboards.
- Addressed several other bugs.
- Draw perfectly straight lines.
- New color palette for the pen, highlighter, and type.
- New Fall theme.
- Variable and fixed width inks are now available on iPhone.
- iOS 10 compatible.
- Bug fixes.
Straight lines are now directly integrated into the writing experience. Simply draw a line with your finger or stylus, then hold momentarily at the end to automatically straighten the line. To help make crisp designs and shapes, straight lines will connect to nearby straight lines during creation. Straight lines also snap to the lines and intersections in Notability's grid papers. Additionally, a magnifying loupe helps with the fine details.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Suggestions for remarkable changes!
I switched to Notability recently, and I'm thrilled by the experience so far as recording and linking it to my writing is a great feature.
However, being the medical student I am, and having ALL my study materials in a digital format, I will find it amazing if you guys add the feature of "several tabs" opening at once.. so I can switch between multiple notes at a click.
Also, I find it thrilling to write on black background with light ink, but the fact that I must adhere to one form of background is a bit restricting. Like some pages I need them to be squared and others lined or white background. So choosing one type and sticking to is a bit difficult to accomplish my task. Perhaps you can develop papers being costumed individually?!
In addition, I believe the feature of viewing the paper in full margins will uplift the experience. Whether in portrait or landscape 🤓
Also, the feature of viewing all papers of a note in a grid (so we can chose and select certain papers at once without scrolling) would be beneficial.
I hope you consider my review and add my suggestions as the application is defiantly the best I came across so far... Plus, I'm reviewing on behalf of my classmates who reported the same regarding the subject 🤘🏻
Great, except one major detail
The app is great! It runs smoothly, it tells you how to do things and doesn't leave you confused, has an easy to use system, has ways to organize, and more. The one major detail is this: passwords. Yes it is a great way to keep things secret and for only your eyes but there is nothing you can do if you forget your password. I am currently writing a story and it is 10 pages long. My sister put a password on it but forgot what it was so now I am desperately waiting for the update where ther is a 'forgot password' option. Maybe you would have to sign in with your ITunes to unlock it? Or maybe your password to your device? I'm not sure but please add this feature, my story is waiting to be written!
Love the straight lines addition!
I use this app for so much: notes at meetings, giving lectures, making pages of practice math problems for students, annotating documents and sending comments back to people, and making charts for songs.
As a math teacher, the straight lines are super helpful! Feel free to add in circles/ovals...
This is still my favorite app for lecturing to over 200 students. I can can easily export my notes to our learning management system so students can get a copy of my lecture notes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 21, 2016
- Version: 6.4.1
- Size: 94.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99