By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Welcome to Notability, a powerful note-taker to annotate documents, sketch ideas, record lectures, and more, on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Notability is the one place to create, share, and manage your notes. It combines handwriting, typing, audio recordings, and photos so you can create notes that fit your needs. And with iCloud support, your notes are always available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Anytime. Anywhere.
Take beautiful notes
- Handwrite notes or sketch ideas using gorgeous variable width ink in a variety of colors.
- Craft reports or type outlines with our full featured word processor.
- Audio recordings help you capture every detail during lectures or meetings.
- Snap a photo of a whiteboard in the classroom or while researching in the field to add to your note.
Replay your notes
- Audio recordings automatically link to your notes.
- Review your notes in context as you listen to the audio recordings.
- Simply tap a word, drawing, or a picture to hear exactly what was said when you added it.
- Provide audio and handwritten feedback to students or colleagues.
Mark up documents and forms
- Import and annotate lecture slides, meeting agendas and PDFs.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms via email from anywhere.
- Use all of Notability’s tools to mark up pictures of worksites or projects.
Share your notes
- Create collections of notes to share between study groups and teams with Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Collect and handout assignments between teachers and students.
- Turn iCloud on, and your notes will automatically be available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Create and edit notes on iPhone, iPad, or Mac at anytime.
Notability helps you explore your ideas, store your notes, and improve your memory and organization. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we do.
What's New in Version 5.41
- Bug fixes
- Simpler text box insertion: use a single tap when annotating documents
- Super-fast launch time
Best investment of my college career
This app is built for those who want an alternative to spiral notebooks. 2 years ago, I tested a myriad of apps with the intention of finding a program that I could use in all of my classes. I found notability and have not looked back since. This app has been invaluable to my education--I record all of my lectures and re listen later, and the ability to hear what was happening while I wrote is essential. Notability is easy to use and produces beautiful notes. It allows the user to switch quickly between typing and drawing, which is perfect for chemistry and math classes. Notability syncs to my google drive, so I'm not worried about losing data if my iPad crashes. Many of my friends and professors have asked what app I use. I make both handwritten and typed notes, but haven't had problems with the autocorrect. The speed of the app improves with each update.
The only thing I wish that the app included is built in palm rejection, but the palm rest suffices.
Out of laziness (or busyness?) I never made a review, but I was astounded by the negative reviews on the app, and felt a need to defend it. Notability has had my back for a while!
"Notability Review App"
This app was selected as one of the "Essentials" here in the App Store and I CERTAINLY can see why!!! I couldn't ask for a better writing app and this is someone who does a LOT of writing!!! It has everything that I could ask for and MUCH, MUCH MORE!!! I ABSOLUTELY love the many different font styles, font colors and different colored paper you can choose from!!! After a while it gets boring doing black print on white paper so often. The diversification between the colors and fonts help perk me up as I am writing which, for me, is essential because it freshens me up by not having to look at the in, print and paper the same way every time I write which helps keep the writing fresh. In ever, and do I EVER mean EVERY, way, shape and form does this app deserve the five-star rating that I have given it and also deserves the "like" for Facebook that I have also given it. (I wish I could have given it a "love" for Facebook" but, unfortunately I can't. An app this great I would pay for but please don't get any ideas. Also, please keep up the wonderful work.
I had some syncing issues with a previous update. There was excellent support from the notability staff and they helped me resolve my problem, so far. There still seems to be some trouble in syncing with the Mac version. My advice for users is to make sure you set the app to back up to one of the third party servers like Dropbox or google drive in addition to syncing to the cloud. This way if you ever have a syncing issue with the app, you will still have a PDF backup copy. It saved my bacon last month when my years worth of college notes were suddenly gone.
More about the app...i have loved the interface if the app. Importing files is slick once you figure it out. If the file is a PDF that you import it usually is text searchable. This is great for importing PDF versions of lecture notes that you want to search later. I use this app for so many things. I hope the developers continue to support unlike they have.
5 stars if the syncing with the Mac version worked better.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 02, 2015
- Version: 5.41
- Size: 38.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.