By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen, just like pen on paper (Requires iOS 8 or later).
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
**Import and Annotate PDFs**
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
**Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback**
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
**All Electronic Workflow**
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
**Organize and Share Notes**
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
What's New in Version 5.6.3
Fixed an issue when importing a file and adding it to an existing note.
Additional bug fixes.
Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen, just like pen on paper (Requires iOS 8 or later). This feature is on by default and can be found in Settings.
New typing toolbar on iPhone.
I love this app for my schoolwork, but I also have an Adonit Jot Touch with pixelpoint stylus, and I wish you would integrate that with your app. At the moment I am using a jot pro stylus, which seems to work pretty well...
For the themes on notability, I wish that there were more options like the old notability filled with cute icons. Other than that it is a great app too use please fix it 😁
Among the Best! For Handwriting!
Best handwriting app around. Love it for that feature. Hate the filing system. Confusing. Difficult to find notes. Sure wish it synced with Evernote.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 29, 2015
- Version: 5.6.3
- Size: 49.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.