By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Welcome to Notability, a powerful note-taker to annotate documents, sketch ideas, record lectures, and more, on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Notability is the one place to create, share, and manage your notes. It combines handwriting, typing, audio recordings, and photos so you can create notes that fit your needs. And with iCloud support, your notes are always available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Anytime. Anywhere.
Take beautiful notes
- Handwrite notes or sketch ideas using gorgeous variable width ink in a variety of colors.
- Craft reports or type outlines with our full featured word processor.
- Audio recordings help you capture every detail during lectures or meetings.
- Snap a photo of a whiteboard in the classroom or while researching in the field to add to your note.
Replay your notes
- Audio recordings automatically link to your notes.
- Review your notes in context as you listen to the audio recordings.
- Simply tap a word, drawing, or a picture to hear exactly what was said when you added it.
- Provide audio and handwritten feedback to students or colleagues.
Mark up documents and forms
- Import and annotate lecture slides, meeting agendas and PDFs.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms via email from anywhere.
- Use all of Notability’s tools to mark up pictures of worksites or projects.
Share your notes
- Create collections of notes to share between study groups and teams with Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Collect and handout assignments between teachers and students.
- Turn iCloud on, and your notes will automatically be available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Create and edit notes on iPhone, iPad, or Mac at anytime.
Notability helps you explore your ideas, store your notes, and improve your memory and organization. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we do.
What's New in Version 5.51
- Bug fixes
- Awesome new import menu to select destination subject and we added a done button.
- Improved image and photo support.
- Bug fixes
Frustrated With Recent Updates
I am in medical school and use this app for all of my notes. I love it, but am very frustrated with the recent updates. I am very upset that they took away the full zoom. I used that all of the time. The app has a feature where you can hold down and get a zoom box, but it is not as good. You can't get to the edges of the page with it, and also the sizing of the box never seems to be quite right for my use cases. I am also still having problems with text boxes. If I grab a corner to try to re-size it seems to move the whole text box and if I grab the top to try to move the box it seems to think that I was trying to re-size. With every update this app seems to get more and more problems. I hope that for the next one they fix these issues and actually make the app better instead of worse. If they did this, I would rate it as 5 stars.
*UPDATE - Still having issues with the text boxes, but they fixed the zoom. Changing my rating to 4 stars. :)
One of my most important apps
Notability is one of my most-used and most important apps. For work I use it to take hand-written notes during meetings. It’s also great for importing PDF documentation, allowing me to highlight the document and make hand-written notes on it. In addition to work, I use the app to jot down ideas and notes for novels (I also write fiction).
The app is much more useful on the iPad than it is on the iPhone, due to the larger screen, but I find that I use it on my iPhone for short notes containing only snippets of text, particularly reference notes that I’ll need while I’m out (like what size filters my furnace takes or what cartridges I need to buy for my printer).
Notability has become indispensable to me. And now with the additional of the companion Mac app, even more so. Highly recommended.
Major Problem With Typing Notes
I have lost whole portions of my notes, which is terrible since I go to University and am taking notes from a lecture. It's absolutely terrifying every trusting this app with anything I write ever again. On top of that, it's not very friendly for people with keyboards. Whenever I try to click to make my points numbered, it reverts back the second I start typing, forcing me to click the numbered button again, which is just a ridiculous waste of time since I could just type in the numbers as I go and it would be faster than repeatedly hitting a faulty button. These issues need to be fixed big time, because when I get a study guide on things covered in our notes, or when one of my professors asks to review my notes, I'm going to get a bad grade both times because I'm missing important information.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 14, 2015
- Version: 5.51
- Size: 37.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.