By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2015, and for the 3rd year in a row!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
SAVE TIME WITH iOS 9 FEATURES
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.0.1
- Stability improvements.
- Bug fixes.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
The glue for GTD upkeep
I tried assorted apps to handle GTD routines, ultimately throwing in the towel. Paper held relief, but ran counter to my paperless quest. This app presents the perfect solution. I create whatever paper-style form desired within the native Notes app, using an emoji as checkbox (Notes' circles are too big). Printopia on my Mac allows easy print-to-pdf, with simultaneous auto-filing into my GTDforms folder within Google Drive.
Notability opens the PDF, where I add the date to the file name, then check off items as the day progresses. My Weekly Review checklist is handled in a similar manner. Notability's easy annotations feature are fantastic. Each day, I simply open a gDrive form and I'm ready to go. Best of all, I can revise that form as desired, knowing the revised version will be imported into Notability for the next day's GTD-review/processing session. And, because this all lives in Google Drive, it's searchable, unlike DropBox. I now have the best of both worlds: my daily/weekly/monthly routines are handled in a paper-like manner, affording huge flexibility, but in digital fashion; my task app handles all else. Love this app!
Bonus: Notability's backup PDF files also live on gDrive, so no proprietary lock-in.
Great as always, love the new highlight feature for PDFs, and the ever-improving search functionality too!
This last update was a little buggy but given this app's history I'm confident they will clear things up soon (Just the occasional freeze when I am zoomed in without using the focused writing tool and am highlighting using the text tool, but I've never lost any progress or info from my notes thus far)
Would love to see some sub-folder options in the future, and better integration of shapes and straight lines would be a huge productivity boon (Some other apps use things like line and shape recognition that would be a dream if combined with this app's already stellar functionality). Using the iPad pro the pencil works great with the app too, and one day it would be really amazing if there was a way to get pressure and angle sensitivity for even more realistic writing. But all in all, very well done thus far and getting better every day. Couldn't survive grad school without this app! Thanks Notability!
I love Notability a lot, very easy to navigate and I find it very useful for both note taking and then later when studying for my exams. I have just two suggestions that I'd like to see done to further improve the app, however.
1. Allow for scrolling through notes/slides with the arrow keys of Bluetooth keyboards as you can do in PowerPoint, for example. I use a Zagg keyboard with my iPad and it would make it much easier to not have to take my hands off the keyboard to reach up to the screen each time I want to advance a slide.
2. Since notes taken are already synced to the audio recorded recorded at that time, would it be possible to select the text/highlighting to be able to hear what was recorded at the time the note was taken rather than having to painstakingly scrub through the audio to find it? These would just make the ease of use of the app just that much better and thanks for an already great app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 13, 2016
- Version: 6.0.1
- Size: 63.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$4.99