By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year!
Welcome to Notability®: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen, just like pen on paper (Requires iOS 8 or later).
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
What's New in Version 5.7.2
- Fixed an accent bug in multiple languages
- Fixed a CJK typing bug
- Page manager fixes
- Stability improvements
- Bug fixes
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review. Thanks!
I had some syncing issues with a previous update. There was excellent support from the notability staff and they helped me resolve my problem, so far. There still seems to be some trouble in syncing with the Mac version. My advice for users is to make sure you set the app to back up to one of the third party servers like Dropbox or google drive in addition to syncing to the cloud. This way if you ever have a syncing issue with the app, you will still have a PDF backup copy. It saved my bacon last month when my years worth of college notes were suddenly gone.
More about the app...i have loved the interface if the app. Importing files is slick once you figure it out. If the file is a PDF that you import it usually is text searchable. This is great for importing PDF versions of lecture notes that you want to search later. I use this app for so many things. I hope the developers continue to support unlike they have.
5 stars if the syncing with the Mac version worked better.
I am impressed with the apps functionality, flexibility and ease of use.
I am using it for notes for a short story I am writing. Using the outline function, I was able to draft an outline for the story amazingly quickly, and revisions are a snap. Each chapter has its own divider in which I include additional notes and even reference photos. Rearranging chapters is as easy as changing the order of the dividers, and moving a note from one divider to another is a simple matter of drag-and-drop. Collapsing folders reduces clutter and makes it easy to navigate the story. I have ready access to all 20 chapters. Wherever I am, I can pull out my iPhone and add a note to the appropriate chapter immediately. I never have a "Now what was that idea I had an hour ago?" situation arise. This is a great tool.
Love! Just needs a few tweaks..
With the latest update, it has caused the app to be super glitchy. The notes I type will be all over the place, and blocks of the screen will be black. Please fix soon! It's really complicating my research and study.
I use Notability mostly for note taking, but I also use it to study books and to record research. iBooks has always frustrated me because you can't make notes in the margins, you can only put them in little post it notes. With notability I can transfer over a pdf version and type actual text notes in the wide margins. I love that you can highlight at ease, but....it would be great if you could add some more colors to pick from. Great app, keep up the good work!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 21, 2015
- Version: 5.7.2
- Size: 66.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.