Smiley Sight Words™
By 24x7digital LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Smiley Sight Words teaches high-frequency sight words to your child!
The 1,600+ sight words included with Smiley Sight Words comprises up to 85% of the text in a child's early reading materials. A child who can recognize just 8 of 10 words in a sentence can typically understand its meaning! "Sight words" often cannot be illustrated via simple pictures or sounded out according to regular phonetic decoding rules, thus they need to be learned and recognized "on sight". Smiley Sight Words is a handy way to keep track of and encourage a child's mastery of their sight words.
• Optimized for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• Over 1,600 common sight words comprehensively compiled from Dolch, Fry, Pinnell-Fountas, UK, and many other high-frequency word lists.
• Beautifully recorded American-English pronunciations for all words
• Top 1000 - 40 levels sorted by frequency
• Dolch 300 - 7 levels (pre-primer, primer, grade 1-3, nouns 1-2)
• Dolch 300 - 11 levels sorted by frequency
• Fry 1000 - 10 levels sorted by frequency
• UK 1000 - 10 levels sorted by frequency
• AU Rainbow - 12 levels sorted by color-code.
• More Words - Upper and lower-case alphabet, numbers 0-100, colors, shapes, animals, months, days of week, family words, common nouns
• Words organized by number of letters
• 10 Customizable Flash Card sets
• 10 Shared Customizable Flash Card sets common to all 5 players
• Copy and Paste words from sets or emails
• Email export of word lists
• Show and Hide individual words
• Mark flash cards with smileys - try to earn 3 thumbs-up smileys for each word.
• Flash cards respond to swipes, shakes, and taps
• Customizable settings for up to 40 players
• Player names and photos can be customized
• Progress Report can be saved to Photo Library
• D'Nealian, Zaner-Bloser, Times, Helvetica, Marker Felt, Chalkboard, and Noteworthy fonts
• In-app Help documentation
REVIEW FEEDBACK -- Please contact us first at email@example.com.
@Paul Personage - Version 2.0 now supports iPad natively!
@Fl bobber - Version 2.0.1 increased support to 40 profiles.
@AnotherNicknametoo, @Mel in Cincy, @TwinMomma35 - Our SightWords Pro app offers custom words and recordings. We hope to add that functionality in Smiley Sight Words in the future.
What's New in Version 2.1
Added Noteworthy, D'Nealian, and Zaner-Bloser fonts. Retina graphics and iPhone 5 4-inch screen support.
I've tried other sight word Apps and this is my favorite. I love that it comes equipped with Fry's word list as well as many others including the alphabet (separate uppercase/lowercase list), numbers (including spelling in separate list), family, shapes, and days of the week. I really like that I can customize my own lists. My kids learn 5 words at a time. I make my lists in the order they are being learned and include previously learned words for review. I got more than my money's worth with this app!
Great, simple app that can be used anytime and anywhere to review sight words. It keeps up with your progress and automatically advances to the next level of learning.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 30, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 24x7digital LLC
- © 2010-2013 24x7digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.