By SkyPaw Co. Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Taking advantage of the built-in accelerometer in your iPhone and iPad, Seismometer 6th detects and visualizes any vibrations and moves of the device. So, why not using this excellent feature to help your iPhone/iPad self-protected like a car when combined with an alarm? Or another great application is to test how smooth the car is on a test drive. And of course, why not earthquake detection as well? This must-have tool is highlighted with a polished design and many superior features which a seismometer ever needs.
- Export data via email
- Measure vibrations in x-, y-, z-direction or the combination of those at the same time
- Selectable sample rates from 20Hz to 100Hz
- Linear and logarithmic graph scales
- Alarm function with 3 levels of sensitivities
- Customizable alarm sounds
- Show/hide time-lines
- Lock and unlock modes
- Retinal ready, just more beautiful on retina iPhone and iPad
- Universal binary, download once and it runs beautifully both on iPhone and iPad
Visit www.skypaw.com for more information and products
-- SPECIAL NOTE --
Seismometer 6th is the 6th tool among many other professional tools in our app "Multi Measures - All in one measuring toolkit"
What's New in Version 4.0.1
- Fixed tooltip positioning when show/hide banner ad
- Support iPhone 3GS for some users
- Some other minor improvements and bug fixes
Add this feature
This is a nice app but what it really needs is the ability to utilize the iPhone accelerometer to detect earthquakes and automatically share that data to the cloud and/or the USGS.
Only when enough similar readings are detected from a certain region within a narrow timeframe would the data be considered legitimate and then be pushed back out to the map for all users to view.
The app could also be active only at certain times of the day/night that the user defines. As well as only be active when connected to pre-defined wifi networks. Such as Home or work.
Another option would be to only take accelerometer reading when it is plugged into power (such as when on your night stand or connected to a computer USB).
The app could also use the iPhone GPS to disable sensor reading when moving. As well as only record seismic data when the app detects the iPhone is laying flat on its back.
Another option would be to disable the seismic sensor data output when a face is detected with the front facing camera.
Requiring the app to be running in the foreground would also further prevent false readings.
This could easily, quickly, and cheaply create a huge network of seismographs around the world.
Excellent tool for my use in checking vibration levels and seeing the effects of changes. A useful feature would be display storage.
from 5 STAR -> 1 star
New UPDATED version makes this app useless - "Some other minor improvements " = popup and additional annoying advertising
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 21, 2014
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- © SkyPaw
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.