The Wall Street Journal.
By Wall Street Journal
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make Time for the App That's As Ambitious As You Are - Subscribe Today and Get 4 Weeks Free! Now with Evernote Premium*.
The new WSJ app is an immersive digital news experience modeled after the iconic Wall Street Journal newspaper. It brings you the latest news, as well as expert commentary and analysis from around the world, with enhanced features and visual storytelling that bring the Journal to life. And it’s all delivered through a cleaner, simpler interface so you can find the news you need, anywhere you need it.
- A stunning visual experience with rich photo slideshows, full-screen video and interactive graphics
- Optimized performance that delivers faster load times and improved stability
- Streamlined navigation consistent with the structure of the paper, while offering quick access to breaking news and analysis.
- Multiple ways to read including the digital versions of our U.S., Europe and Asia print editions as well as the latest news from WSJ
Special Features for iOS 8:
- Notification Center that displays the top four stories pulled from latest news right on your home screen
- Interactive push notifications that link to a breaking news story that can be saved for later
- Start reading an article on one Apple device and seamlessly continue on another
Subscribe for $22.99 per month to receive unlimited digital access on iPad, iPhone, all other WSJ tablet & smartphone apps, and WSJ Online.
Your subscription will renew automatically each month and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of your subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
*A complimentary one year subscription to Evernote Premium is currently available only to U.S. subscribers who are eligible for WSJ+.
What's New in Version 6.3
This release contains key improvements to the app including:
- Fixed crash in market data when system font size is changed
- Improvements to how Market Data feature charts information
- YouTube support to display embedded video content in the app
- Support for native display of CIO Journal/CFO Journal and Risk & Compliance sections
We are committed to making ongoing improvements to the performance of our app. In future releases, look forward to WSJ for Apple Watch and additional feature enhancements.
Gets Worse with Each Update - Go Back to Basics
Over the years this has gone from being one of my favorite to now one of my least favorite apps. Now full of bugs and irritating, slow-loading ads at every turn of a page. It used to have the look and functionality of reading the print copy. I am going back to using my browser and the print copy. I used to read the next day's editorials the evening before but now they delay the release of each day's editions. The "Latest News" updates are slow in being released and sparse. The originally designed iPad app was current and easy to use. Each new version gets worse.
Update: could you give us an option on how many back issues we want to store on our iPad? It takes up way too much space. But still the best news app and a great publication.
Great, but annoying auto update
Love being able to access the entire trove of WSJ content every day. BUT, the auto-refresh feature is pretty annoying. The app updates itself about once a minute, whether you want it to or not. When a refresh kicks in while I'm in an area without a good connection (e.g., a subway tunnel), the app becomes unresponsive until I emerge, often several minutes later.
There should be an option to disable auto-refresh, so that users can simply download the entire daily issue at once and then click and read all articles without needing an Internet connection.
Great content flawed app
The app constantly refreshes while I'm reading articles. It's so annoying and frustrating. Reading an article - get about 1/4 through - article refreshes - scrolls back to the top of the article - read faster get about 1/2 through - article refreshes - scrolls back to the top of the article - read faster get through 3/4 ....
Seriously it's been doing that for weeks. Used to have problems with the app not refreshing now it does it too much. It's to the point where I avoided reading from the app because of the hassle.
I love the WSJ. Please fix it!
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 26, 2015
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wall Street Journal
- © 2015 Dow Jones & Company. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Wall Street Journal$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Mobile$12.99
- The Wall Street Journal Asia$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Europe$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal 日本$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Deutschland$22.99