Adobe Ideas – Vector drawing and illustration
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Adobe® Ideas gives you the ability to draw freeform vector illustrations wherever you are. Replace your pen and paper with a huge virtual canvas, customizable brushes, and pressure sensitive stylus support. With a Creative Cloud membership, easily sync Adobe Ideas projects to Creative Cloud and open them for refinement in Illustrator. With Ideas, it’s easy to take your initial concept to finished design. You can also share your designs to other applications such as Behance and Photoshop Touch.
Capture and explore ideas anywhere
• Customize the toolbar with your favorite brushes
• Kuler sync
• Color theme extraction
• Simple vector-based drawing tools
• Use Adobe Ideas on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and iPad mini**
• Apply color quickly with the Paint Bucket tool
• Eyedropper tool to easily pick up, compare, and match colors from your photo or drawing
• Choose colors using HSB and RGB color pickers
• Use up to 10 drawing layers plus a photo layer for each sketch
• Refine your vector sketch with the Eraser tool
• 50-level undo/redo
• Huge virtual canvas
Work with precision and control
• Choose your stroke smoothing option in Preferences
• Support for three pressure sensitive stylus on iPad 3, 4, Air or minis – The Adonit Jot Touch, the Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus, and the Pogo Connect (NEW)
• Support for the Adonit Jot Script stylus on iPad 3, 4, Air or minis (NEW)
• 2nd button undo for the Wacom Intuos and Adonit Jot Touch styluses (NEW)
• New shortcuts for color selection, clearing layers and regions, and undo/redo in full screen mode
• Multiple drawing tools, including pencil, pen, paintbrush, and marker tools
• Duplicate layers to quickly make a copy of their content
• Merge two layers to reduce the number of layers in your artwork
• Tap to flip layer horizontally or vertically
• Smoothly pan around your canvas
• Move, rotate, and scale individual layers for precise positioning
Refine and share your ideas easily
• Share artwork to other applications such Photoshop Touch (NEW)
• Instant sharing to Facebook and Twitter
• Copy and paste artwork into other applications
• Sync your artwork to Adobe Creative Cloud to easily access for further refinement using Adobe Illustrator CS6 and Illustrator CC*
• Export artwork as a PDF email attachment, or add it to your iOS photo album as a JPEG file
In-App Purchase; Auto-Renewable Subscription: Creative Cloud Storage (20 GB)
With the free Creative Cloud Account you get 2GB of Creative Cloud Storage, but with an optional In App purchase subscription of 20GB, you can upgrade that to a total of 22GB of storage.
Creative Cloud Storage purchase is a monthly subscription for an additional 20GB monthly storage on Creative Cloud.
Creative Cloud Storage (20GB) Subscription is $1.99 US Dollars per month.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
**iOS 5.1 or higher required
What's New in Version 2.7.2
• Draw with the Adonit Jot Touch 4 and Jot Script styluses
• 2nd button undo for the Wacom Intuos and Adonit Jot Touch styluses
• Draw with Wacom Intuos Creative & Pogo Connect styluses
• Choose your stroke smoothing option in Preferences
• Create color themes from your artwork and sync to Kuler
• Share your Ideas on Facebook and Twitter
This app has a very simplistic layout and design that makes it very easy to use and understand through and through. I use it very often and have recommended it to other friends and family members of mine for their own usages. It is very easily navigable, doesn't have millions upon millions of extra clutter, and is very clean cut and (again) easy to use. I would like to point out, though, that it does tend to crash at some points in time, but it happens rarely and I usually don't find myself worrying about it. If there are any improvements needed it would be two very main things that would make it much, much better:
1) Unlimited layers
2) A gradient tool
If these would soon be implemented into the app then it would make drawing possibilities much more varied and different. Other than that, I love this app and would absolutely find it much more easy to use and interesting for others if the two mentioned improvements above would be added in with the next update! Great job!
So glad this is not like Illustrator
This is an excellent vector drawing app. I'm so glad that it's not as rigid as illustrator with ridiculous bezier handles, welding, booleans, etc. its a true artist experience.
I would love to see a line tool added like the one in Flash. Its so much easier and intuitive to use than the line operations in Illustrator. No welding, no bezier curves, just the snapping of lines one to another and the ability to manipulate curves just by pulling on the line (NO HANDLES).
Applications such as illustrator are great apps in their own right, but too technical for a truly artistic workflow. Adobe ideas is excellent for a truly creative workflow.
Really great app. Integrates well.
Some really great things about this app: Wacom Creative Stylus support and palm rejection. It plays really well with iDraw on the iPad and Mac. I have Adobe Creative Cloud but since the Ideas format is vector and I do not have Illustrator, I have to email the file to myself as a PDF which I can then open with iDraw on the Mac and retain its vectorness. You can also open the drawings you create in this app directly in Sketchbook, Inkist. Thank you, Adobe!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 17, 2013
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Copyright © 2013 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Creative Cloud Storage (20 GB)$1.99