Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC
By Phase Five Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Best App for Remote Desktop control"
... O'Reilly's "Best iPhone Apps"
Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to setup; anyone can do it! Just visit: http://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a RDP and VNC client. You don't need to download additional software if you already have RDP or VNC configured. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
* Multi-protocol that works with any OS: RDP and VNC
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi/3G/LTE without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Works on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Automatically optimizes UI based on the device
* iCloud connection syncing
* Multitask with ease: switch to other apps without disconnecting
* Full bluetooth keyboard support - the best on the App Store: shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys all work (Alt+Tab / Cmd+Tab also works).
* Built-in bluetooth keyboard macros for compact keyboards
* SSH tunnelling with password and public key authentication supported
* Supports large custom screen resolutions and VGA/HDMI out
* Full mouse support: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* HDMI/VGA support: view your desktop on the big screen. Includes a presentation mode on the iPad, letting you turn your mouse cursor into a laser pointer
* Multi-core rendering engine makes Jump Desktop one of the fastest RDP and VNC engines on the planet
* Supports all Linea and Infinea barcode scanners
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming and remote printing are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008/R2, SBS Server, Windows 8/8.1, Server 2012/R2
* RD Gateway support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
Supports 8, 16 and 24-bit colors and all RDP performance options
* Printing support: Print directly to a Wi-Fi printer using RDP's printer redirection feature (exclusive feature on the App Store!) Note: Requires AirPrint-compatible printer
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7 and above
* Touch redirection support for Windows 8 and above (exclusive feature on the App Store)
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunnelling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black & white, gray scale, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Macs: Support locking the Mac's screen and syncing the pasteboard
* Supported encodings: copyrect, zrle, tight, (zlib)hextile, zlib, rre, raw, desktop-resize
What's New in Version 6.2
* This release fixes gestures problems on the iPad Air 2. Also fixes an issue with split keyboards.
* New settings to align the screen to the top and invert Trackpad mode - tap the settings icon on the top left.
* We've also added a new 'Direct Touch' gesture mode that sends only left mouse clicks. Very useful for apps on the remote computer that are ‘semi’-touch aware.
New in 6.1:
* iOS 8 Compatibility
* Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Jump Desktop now makes full use of the extra pixels.
* A new mini keyboard toggle button at the bottom of the screen now makes it super easy and quick to bring up the keyboard on larger screen sizes. Drag the button to snap it to the left or right edge
* The top pull bar is now draggable too: Move it out of the way by sliding your finger
* Stability fixes
Fabulous!!! And constantly improving.
I have a small heating and air conditioning company and have been working towards establishing a mobile service report that could be printed in the field (from my van) and allow me to eliminate duplication of efforts (handwriting service reports then returning to the office and entering the same data into QuickBooks.
I have been using Log-me-in ignition with Pro desktop for a while now. Jump has a better keyboard response and keyboard layout (have to switch screens in LMI to get to the Tab key). Also, with the Jump print driver (Windows only for now) I don't have to end the session to print. It prints right from my iPad without ever leaving the program or interrupting my work flow. So far, the most elegant remote access program for the iPad that I've found.
Now I'm able to create my reports directly in QuickBooks on my server and print them in my van without duplicating efforts. This program is worth every penny at twice the price.
Cannot connect with 4G
I'm having trouble connecting over 4G. Wifi works fine but right when I switch it stops working. I must be misunderstanding something because the main use for this app is being at another place and still having access to your PC and that's only possible with LTE connection. So I give this app 4 stars because even if I am misunderstanding something, it shouldn't be this hard to figure out for me. If I'm not misunderstanding something and it just doesn't work then I just threw 15 bucks to the wind
I don't know what I would do without this app! I LOVE IT ❤️. This wonderful app had never let me down. It allows me to travel and still keep on top of my business and take care of my clients. I have it installed on both my iPad and my iPhone (I have the 6 plus - the larger screen makes it easier to use on my phone). I highly recommend this app for remote access to your computer 😊
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 16, 2014
- Version: 6.2
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: PhaseFive Systems
- © Phase Five Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.