Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC
By Phase Five Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Best App for Remote Desktop control"
... O'Reilly's "Best iPhone Apps"
Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up. Features include a streamlined user interface that gives you the best possible remote desktop experience on any of your mobile devices.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: http://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a true RDP and VNC client. You don’t need to download additional software to connect to your machine if you already have RDP or VNC configured. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
Unleash the full power of your iOS device when connecting to your computer. With support for multi-tasking, Full bluetooth keyboards (including modifiers), HDMI/VGA out, copy/paste, auto-correction, AirPrint and audio streaming, Jump will help utilize your iOS device to the max. Jump's multi-threaded rendering engine will automatically utilize the extra CPU cores on your device to accelerate your remote desktop experience.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming, remote printing and Windows 8 Touch Redirection are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
If you need help, visit http://support.jumpdesktop.com or email us at: email@example.com
* Multi-protocol: RDP and VNC
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi and 3G without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Universal application: Works on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Automatically optimizes UI based on the device
* Full support for iOS multitasking: Switch to other apps without disconnecting
* HDMI/VGA support: view your desktop on the big screen. Includes a unique presentation mode on the iPad, letting you turn your mouse cursor into a laser pointer.
* Advanced Bluetooth keyboard support: Shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys all work (Alt+Tab / Cmd+Tab also work)
* SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Supports large custom screen resolution
* Full mouse support: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement.
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste support: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008/R2, SBS Server, Windows 8/8.1, Server 2012/R2
* New: RD Gateway support!
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
Supports 8, 16 and 24-bit colors and all RDP performance options
* Printing support: Print directly to a Wi-Fi printer using RDP's printer redirection feature (exclusive feature on the App Store!) Note: Requires AirPrint-compatible printer
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7 and above
* Touch redirection support for Windows 8 and above (exclusive feature on the App Store)
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black & white, gray, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Support for locking the Mac's screen while connected
* Supported encodings: copyrect, zrle, tight, (zlib)hextile, zlib, rre, raw, desktop-resize
What's New in Version 5.5.3
* Fix startup crashes on iOS 7
* Fix iOS 5.x crashes
Absolutely the best app!!!
This has become my most used App ever.
Jump has totally changed my workflow, and ability to work remotely, anywhere, anytime. I can seriously do anything I'd do in the office, from my iPad, and it doesn't feel like a compromise. (My boss thinks I'm a genius!!!)
I use a laptop and a desktop in my office, with most of my heavy lifting done on the desktop, and I use Remote Desktop to access the desktop from the laptop (even when in the office, so I can control both machines simultaneously from the same keyboard, mouse and monitor), so all my work and apps reside on the desktop with files on the corporate server.
I can access the desktop (or the laptop) from my iPad (or iPhone at a pinch) using Jump from anywhere in the office (meeting rooms, colleagues office, coffee shop), or from home or when traveling, so that I am working on secured files with native apps, and my work is always there when I log on or off. (I recently had to do an urgent job using a large Access database and Excel, and I was able to do it sitting in the bleachers at my son's baseball game over a 3G connection!)
I can also access my Mac at home from any location, running Mac or Windows Apps (in Parallels) and access all my personal stuff.
It works fine accessing the corporate stuff over the vpn connection, and is rock solid.
My number one recommendation if you want to use Jump really effectively, is add an external keyboard to your iPad, it makes the world of difference!
If I could, I would give this app ten stars, and not just five. The app was very simple to install on my Mac’s, all of them, and worked from the moment that I began using it. It was also easy to switch between Mac’s for control of each one simply by logging off one and logging into the next, which took only seconds. I really wanted this app for accessing Scrivener, which I use heavily, and it was just as if I was sitting in front of my Mac desktop, but on my iPad. This adds extreme portability, which was my goal she I don’t want to take one of the Mac notebook computers along for just a short time.
Definitely worth every penny of the purchase price (I was somewhat skeptical at first until I had downloaded it and began using the app). I look forward to even more updates and upgrades in the software as time goes by and improvements continue to be made.
Update: I was also able to access my wife’s notebook computer when she has issues and I’m not there to assist her. I can take over the desktop on her notebook computer and guide her through the issue until it’s resolved and explained. This is a BIG plus for me.
Good app but needs more
Really seems to be the best RDP client that I've used so far and I've used about 20 different apps trying to find the one I would settle upon. I'm still on the fence if Jump is the final do all, end all, be all RDP app for me. I also really like RoyalTS having used their desktop product for several years which is has great support and has far better prices.
I really like Jump but it's missing key features especially considering the premium price (which is a little too "premium" if you ask me).
* Needs cloud sync or cloud backup/restore option to keep the connections on all of my IOS devices in sync without requiring me to email a config file everytime I make a change.
* Jump needs to include an option to include passwords when exporting a config file.
* Needs to include the password when duplicating connections.
As I said, I'm still on the fence on what RDP app I'll ultimately use for good. I think RoyalTS has better features but I don't like that it uses other RDP clients to connect while Jump has the best RDP client but not as many features. Only time will tell which one ends up being the best...
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 10, 2013
- Version: 5.5.3
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PhaseFive Systems
- © Phase Five Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.