By Sand Mountain Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
So you think you are good at Solitaire? Prove it with Nerts! Nerts is the action-packed card game that lets you compete against virtual opponents for the ace piles in a race to get rid of your cards and gain the most points.
As you get faster, increase the skill level and number of opponents to intensify the challenge!
Carefully designed by a life-long Nerts fan, it features all the essentials. Watch out, this game may be addicting!
What's New in Version 1.2
fixes for iOS 5
My family has played Nerts for the past 40 years and I always thought we were alone or made it up. It's great to know that there are others out there. I love the app, and it's very similar in game play to real live play. I have some suggestions to consider for future upgrades:
1) Add sounds. Part of the fun of the real game is the frenetic yelling and screaming that takes place as the tensions rise, like when you narrowly miss placing a card. The trash-talk is great, and the sound of the cards hitting the table would be a fun addition. It would be sweet to have the option to turn up and scale the amount of sound effects you hear.
2) Game Center support. I bought the iPhone version too so that I could play my kids on other iPhones, but that's only through Bluetooth. It would be awesome to have live tournaments with extended family in other states.
3) Running totals for long tournaments. I'd like a way to keep a record of wins/losses and who was playing.
4) On the iPhone when playing someone else via bluetooth there can only be one computer apparently. I'd like to be able to still choose the number of players by adding more computer players.
5) Player names. If there are live players, it would be nice to see their names in the corners so you know if they are the one tossing in a card.
6) Horizontal Orientation. This would be especially nice on the iPad please.
It's almost as fun as the real thing, if the bugs weren't so bad.
Nerts is easily one of my most favorite card games. When I discovered this app I was thrilled.
However, this app is far from perfect.
When the game is paused and the screen shut-off, the pause menu doesn't go away when you press resume. Now, the pause menu doesn't go away for me, even when I start a new game. It is also very easy for the computer to get you caught in a loop of "Stuck." yes, I'm aware this happens in a real game, but it happens so often in this app, you'll eventually come across this bug if you purchase this app.
If you are considering purchasing this app, wait until they fix the bugs.
I am coming from the iPhone version. To be honest, no Bluetooth multiplayer was a huge let down. That was the funniest part of the game.
Coming from the iPhone version however, you do NOT have to pay for the extra difficultly levels. With the iPad version all the difficulties levels and opponents are included.
It would be nice to if the graphics were updated to include the "New" iPad also.
It also does not rotate to landscape mode. It can only stay in portrait.
So I give the application 3 stars. It does Nertz. Nothing more, nothing less. Up the graphics and add multiplayer for more stars :)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 21, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sand Mountain Studios, LLC
- © 2010 Garafa
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.