Runtastic PRO Running, Jogging and Fitness Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get in shape with Runtastic GPS Running & Fitness PRO app and start tracking your fitness activities (distance, time, speed, elevation, calories burned & more) - such as running, jogging, biking & walking using GPS. Plus it’s fully optimized for Apple Watch.
PRO APP FEATURES:
- Real Voice Coach: Audio feedback based on your personal preferences
- Auto Pause: Session paused automatically when you stop moving
- Ad free experience: No pop-up ads, just focus on your workout
- Routes: Create or find exercise routes on Runtastic.com & sync to phone
- Challenge a Run: Compete against yourself by challenging past activity results
- Colored Traces: Colors indicate training changes, such as pace & elevation
- Training goals: Select a calorie, distance or pace goal to optimize training
- Interval training & coaching and dynamic split tables
- Weather & temperature: Are you faster in colder or warmer temperatures? You can check and see in your post-activity summary.
- Use for running, jogging, biking, skating, cross country skiing & hand bike training
- Yearly Running Goal: You can do better than last year, right? Set a running goal for the entire year & we will keep you motivated and on track to reach it.
- Shoe Tracking: Keep track of the mileage on your running shoes so you know when it’s time to retire your shoes and get a new pair.
- Running Leaderboard: See who’s run the furthest this/last week or this month
- Powersong: Integrated music player & Powersong to give workout a boost
- Track workouts in real-time with built-in GPS & monitor your personal training diary
- LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Share location, receive messages & cheers
- Dashboard configuration: Display preferred training statistics
- Mapping: Detailed live mapping & historic mapping (Apple Maps)
- Enjoy cardio workouts with the integrated music player
- Post-activity details: Enter mood & surface info, receive hydration recommendation
- Geotagging: Take photos during workout & see pics online with map trace
- Runtastic Wearable Connect: Display activity stats on Runtastic Orbit & Runtastic Moment, our 24/7 wearables
- Integration with Apple Health
- Integrate Runtastic activities to your MyFitnessPal account
- Graphs: Elevation, pace, speed & heart rate info from your jog, run or walk
- Manual entry of workouts: Add treadmill, spinning, weight lifting workouts & more
- Monthly & overall metrics for distance, number of workouts, duration & calories burned
Runtastic for Apple Watch
- Effortlessly start a Runtastic activity directly from your wrist with Apple Watch
- View details of your current activity in real time and enjoy instant access to tracking controls without taking your iPhone out of your pocket
- Bring your iPhone with you in order to track your route via GPS
- Control music & your personal Powersong with one click
- Access statistics of your recent activities & monitor your progress with monthly workout stats
Save all workouts on Runtastic.com. In the Runtastic online community, you'll get further analysis, coaching & encouraging comparisons to friends! These benefits keep you motivated while striving to reach fat burning, cardio training or overall health & wellness goals.
Should you choose to upgrade to a Premium Membership, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription is $9.99 per month, while the yearly subscription is $49.99 per year. (Price may vary by location.) Your subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Auto-renewal may be turned off in your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. You can also manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.0.2
Oh, yeah! Your favorite running and activity tracking app just upped it's game!
- Siri integration: Start and control your fitness activities easily with your helpful friend Siri.
- iMessage sharing: Share your success with your friends via iMessage.
- Widget and Rich Notifications: The widget now provides you with some key insights from your last month’s activities. Expanding the widget immediately shows you more detailed monthly statistics. In addition to providing you with a short description of your activity throughout the week, you can now expand the notification for full weekly statistics.
- Update for watchOS 3: We have redesigned the Apple Watch experience!
Love Runtastic? Rate us with 5 stars & tell others why we’re your favorite running app!
Failure with Watch
The iPhone app works well for my daily walks and occasional gym workouts and would rate 4 stars. On my Watch 2 it is totally useless. I have not been able to get it to track consistently. A support request has generated only daily auto replies. Save your 5 bucks.
Update: Deleted from phone and Watch, reinstalled on phone and Watch, restarted everything. It now works BUT only if not using phone or streaming music. Then Watch freezes. When streaming is stopped, Watch will "catch up" after about 30 seconds. There is a long time delay if you try to pause or stop from Watch, or if you try to control music from Watch. I guess the app moves to 2 and a half stars.
Update 2: The problem seems to be that my phone streams to my hearing aids by Bluetooth. It my be a device issue with more than 1 program trying to use Bluetooth at the same time. Runtastic moves to 3 stars.
Apple Watch conflagration!
Does anyone at Runtastic actually own an Apple Watch and use it with their app?
This latest version has a serious bug which prevents the app from finishing an exercise session on the Watch. Sometimes I will force press the Watch screen to display the "Pause/Finish" icons and the Watch will freeze, forcing me to go to my iPhone to complete things. Other times the force press will display the "Pause/Finish" icons...TWO SETS OF THEM! WTHeck!
Also, even though I have Auto-Pause ON in settings, the app won't auto-pause. I just stood absolutely still for 3+ minutes after a run and the app never paused. WTHeck!!!
Still no indoor cycling option using a resistance trainer like a Kinetic. I have my touring bike on an indoor trainer. Not having this basic exercise as an option (it's not on Runtastic's bike app either) is a bummer and is honesty, puzzling.
In defense of Runtastic Pro, it IS able to read heart rate data from the Apple Watch and display it on the exercise screen. Kudos to Runtastic for providing this critical functionality to Apple Watch users. Other exercise apps, like En--mondo, do not...making them, IMO, pretty useless for Apple Watch users.
I was torn on how many stars to give the app. Because I use it almost exclusively with the Apple Watch and because of the bugs mentioned above, two stars is generous. But I WILL update my review if the issues above are addressed.
Have been using the free version for at least a year and it works well for me. I use it for hiking/walking with my phone in my pocket no smart watch. Distances seem to be accurate compared to known distances. It maps out your course so you can review where you have been. I have even used it to find my way back to where I started when I became a little lost in a place not normally walked. Only problem is since once updating it takes an extra step to get to the start page. Always have to click on remind me later that was not required before.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 11, 2016
- Version: 7.0.2
- Size: 132 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runtastic Premium Membership - Free Running Training Plans & Story Runs$4.99
- Runtastic Premium Membership - Free Running Training Plans & Story Runs$9.99
- Runtastic Premium Membership - Free Running Training Plans & Story Runs$29.99
- Running App Training Plans - 5k, 10k, Marathons and More$21.99
- The Carrier of Truth I$0.99
- Story Running Bundle 1$2.99
- Runtastic Premium Membership - Free Running Training Plans & Story Runs$49.99
- Toward the Finish Line$0.99
- Running App Training Plans - 5k, 10k, Marathons and More$26.99
- The Globerunner$0.99