Prizmo - Scanning, OCR, and Speech
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Prizmo is a universal photo-based scanner app that lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, and images, and then export them as PDF/Text, vCard, or JPEG/PNG. Prizmo relies on state-of-the-art technologies, like a highly accurate OCR, real-time page detection, and beautiful image cleanup. Using iCloud, you can even shoot the picture on your iPhone, and finish editing on your iPad or Mac. All of this in an elegant and intuitive user experience.
Prizmo is made for everyone, and is thus fully compatible with VoiceOver. It provides voice guidance to help position your iPhone when taking document pictures, and will find the text orientation automatically if it's turned left, right or upside down. Prizmo's quick capture mode provides a fast path from picture to speech synthesis for an improved workflow, and it provides a high-quality voice reader (individual voices available as in-app purchases).
** Supported Devices **
• Universal application (iPhone, iPad)
• iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5
• iPod touch 5th Generation
• iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini
** Specific Document Processing **
• Text Documents - Use interactive text recognition and editing, and avoid retyping the text.
• Business Cards - Extract information (first and last names, company, job title, phone numbers, email, website, address) to create contacts on the phone or share them as vCard
• Images - Capture, improve, and share any images (whiteboards, ads, paintings...)
** Key Features **
• Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, import images or PDFs from other apps
• Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, image cleanup (remove uneven lighting, paper texture)...
• Highly accurate OCR technology in 40+ languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian. Additional languages available as free downloads: Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, Galician, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swahili, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
• No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent
• Interactive OCR: reshape text regions and watch as OCR magically extracts new text.
• Text-to-speech for reading scanned texts: 36 voices of regular quality in 26 languages available for free + 65 high-quality voices in 20 languages available through in-app purchases
• Many export options and formats: resulting image/PDF/vCard can be sent by mail, or to any other app like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive...
• Text translation available in 40+ languages (using Microsoft translation web service)
• Elegant user interface, with full support of Retina display.
** More info & Feedback **
More information is available at http://www.creaceed.com/iprizmo/about
You can contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 3.1.4
- New preference to adjust the minimum speech rate (Preferences > Accessibility).
- Fixed several crashes when taking pictures from the camera.
- Fixes and improvements when renaming documents.
- Fixed possible crash when updating the document list.
- Fixed crash happening randomly when processing images.
- Fixed a bug where image region thumbnails are not visible after loading the document on the iPad.
- Fixed several other bugs and crashes.
Good but not great
This app is okay at best it's great for reading mail receipts and other things granted I wasn't expecting something along the lines of Kurzweil 1000 on a smart phon, it works well with most things as long as they're not glossy or laminated. You can demonstrate this by using the sample image provided once you open the app that's not the business card or document the sample image of the pipe. Notice how it fails to recognize the text at the bottom of the image I would consider that font fairly standard. It also fails at recognizing handwriting. It's great to know that you can use that I have to take a picture at a museum but you might as well forget about including the information card and sending it to your friend as a document. I look forward to future updates and maybe a little more work done on the OCR The app is pretty fast although I'm one of those people that would probably sacrifice speed for better quality
This app has so many features I'm looking for!
I have been searching for an iPad scanner that would convert text so would be readable in in other apps. Your app is doing just that! Thank you! I do have a request. I noticed when I scan a table or a form for student to fill-in that it does not maintain the format of the original document. Is it possible to maintain formatting during scanning and still be able to have the text read? That is high in my wish list right now.
Absolute Must-Have App
This app has been absolutely critical and has saved me thousands of hours of work from people who send me PDFs that are actually just fax scans. I've been able to re-create really complex documents as well as remove the parts that don't apply.
It's fast it's accurate.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 05, 2014
- Version: 3.1.4
- Size: 29.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Seller: Creaceed SPRL
- © 2010-2013 Creaceed SPRL
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Heather - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Ryan - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Tracy - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Laura - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Rachel - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Lucy - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Peter - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Graham - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Will - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Tyler - Australian English Male Voice$2.99