OverDrive – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
Having problems with font size in some books on iOS 10? See http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/2574801 for help.
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.6.3
• Performance improvements and bug fixes related to downloading, opening, and paging through eBooks, particularly large eBooks.
• Fixes a bug that prevents audiobook playback from resuming when using headphone controls.
• Fixes a few minor bugs related to eBook lighting options.
Update Is A Mess
While Overdrive was never as slick as something like Kindle app, it had been a very convenient and usable reader. With the curren tupdate, it's a mess: hard to find information, nearly impossible to sign in (took me several tries of getting an error, event hough I have only ever signed in with one id and password). The reader inr=terace itself is lacking: screen controls aren't clearly marked; for instance, screen color controls for white and sepia-tones are both black - are we just supposed to guess what they are? There is no apparent reason any of these updates needed to be made; so far, they just interfere with usage.
The Go-to App for EBooks and Audiobooks
I use this app for all my eBooks and audiobooks across multiple devices. I used to deploy in the Navy and each time I would preload a bunch of books to keep me reading while underway. Functionality is good and it can sync across devices. Allows access to any public library that has eBooks. Great app overall.
This was a great app before it was improved.
Now: download book, can't download, need adobe account, don't have adobe account, can't download, read online, download audiobook, can't download, wait, delete all, download all, can't download, delete download, wait, delete app, reinstall app, download, wait, download, next book, download, wait, delete, download, wait, delete, delete app, reinstall app, download, wait, delete....you get the gist.
This used to be a functional app until its improvements rendered it completely useless over the past year.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Feb 22, 2017
- Version: 3.6.3
- Size: 39.8 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2016 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.