By Indiagames Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thanks for making WarChess one of the top downloaded game on the iPad.
Here is what some of the players are saying
I've downloaded a lot of chess games for the iPad and all are basic with no frills. War chess however had excellent graphics and brings the game to life. The computer AI is tough, but it's fun to play in both standard and fantasy mode. This is really a great game. I'm removing the other versions as this is now my favorite
The animations are nice but the graphics need some improvement. Add a difficulty adjustment setting also and you might have the best chess game for the iPad. Looking forward to the next update.
WarChess is an action packed 3D interpretation of the game of chess, with the use of animation and special fx to visualize the battle of various chess pieces. Combining powerful 3D graphics, animated battle sequences, multiple themes and a speed chess mode, it promises to deliver the ultimate interactive chess experience.
War Chess brings the game of chess to your iPad with a complete 3D interpretation featuring original innovative fantasy chess pieces, captivating visual effects and animations to visualize the battle of the chess pieces.
- A unique 3D war like depiction of the historical game of Chess in a on your iPad!
- A variety of visual themes.
- Features both 2D and 3D view.
- Full 3D rendition with fantastic animations and visual FX .
- 5 levels of AI difficulty suitable for novice and experts alike.
- Support for en passant and castling.
- 2 Player mode and single player mode.
What's New in Version 4.4
In this update we have made the following changes:
1. We have improved the UI of the game to access different game modes and themes more intuitive.
2. Some bugs related to "Resume Game" option have been fixed.
3. We have a new theme "Jungle" available for you to explore with amazing animals in full 3d and cute animations. This is available as a micro-transaction purchase from within the game.
Nice concept, but feels dated
This is a great idea for chess! I've been wanting to see battle chess games again for a while and this one gets that right. But the fact that there are only two choices of board leaves more to be desired. And the graphics are so "dreamcast" days. They're borderline "N64" graphics. I sure wish the iPad graphics didnt go to such waste.
I hope this gets a huge face lift at some point.
Excellent chess game, some suggestions
Great game all around. In the player vs player mode, it would be great if you could undo a move.
Even better would be the ability to touch ANY piece on either side to see where they could move. This is especially helpful for teaching kids to play.
Whenever a pawn reaches the other side, the game crashes. This didnt happen before the new update, what did you guys mess up?
Main menu is also annoying. I prefered simply pressing on the board, difficulty, and opponent, not pressing arrows and wasting a couple minutes finding the correct settings.
AI is a one-trick-pony. If you use the same opening every game, it will always respond the same way. This makes the game dull and too easy to win.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 11, 2010
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 25.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Indiagames Ltd.
- © Indiagames Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Jungle Theme$0.99