By Uber Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uber is your private driver in more than 50 countries.
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Compare rates for different vehicles and get fare quotes in the app. Use PayPal or add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Set your pickup location and final destination for an easy trip. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. We'll email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
An entirely new and modern way to travel is at your fingertips.
What's New in Version 2.66
New in 2.66:
- Fixed an accessibility bug that prevented some VoiceOver users from interacting with UI elements in the request flow
- Added support for Romanian
Better than a taxi, but has frequent cc security issues
Since I started using uber I basically refuse to take a taxi bc of how convenient/cheap uber is in comparison. That being said, I'm starting to get extremely frustrated with how often I seem to have issues regarding the security of my account and card information. There have been times when I have requested a ride and a notification was sent to my sister who was in an entitled different city. At one point my card became linked to her app after splitting a fare. Customer service had us both delete and reinstall and everything seemed fine until this past weekend it happened again, this time with my card being linked to his app after a split fare. It's scary to see how easily my card info can be transferred to another account especially without me trying to do so in the first place. Customer care basically told me "sorry you just have saved it yourself". I may just have to revert back to stinky cabs
It's cheaper than cabs and they're usually able to pick you up quickly, which is a pro. I've mostly had good experiences with drivers, but unfortunately I am not comfortable going in an uber alone at night anymore. I am not okay with the fact that I had a male driver hit on me when I was being driven back from a bar. He "accidentally" ended the ride via the app to give me a cheaper rate and I told him I didn't want that, and I wanted to pay full price. He proceed to hit on me and all I could think to do was keep telling him to stop and lie and say I was on my way to my boyfriends house. Really unprofessional and unsafe practices, but I know that's not a reflection on every person who is an uber driver. On Valentine's Day my friends and I were given cute gift bags with candy by our driver. It was an unexpected kind gesture with no agenda and not something you'd ever experience in a cab, it was very personable. Ultimately I think it's unfair that I can't use this if I'm alone at night, but I'll still use it with my friends.
I wish I didn't have to give a star at all
I've been using UBER since February of last year and I loved it. UnFortunately I will not be using Uber ever again. For one when ever you have an issue you have to email customer service I don't want to email someone I would prefer contacting you by phone call. Two, of your drivers are inexperienced and have bad attitudes I don't mind helping someone with directions but if you're going to have an attitude about it you need a new job. Three my aunt was using Uber while visiting me. Uber would not except her card as payment. I allowed her to use my card now when you initially signed up for Luber your first ride is free you don't even have to use a promo so she was charged $27 andI went to customer service about the issue it took two days for my money to be returned. And my account was deleted. Took two days prior to my money be returned for someone to see my email I will never use UBER again. Not to mention one of my drivers got into an accident and I'm so glad I was not hurt. Worst experience ever.!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 17, 2015
- Version: 2.66
- Size: 36.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.