Alien Blue - Reddit Client
By Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alien Blue is a feature packed client for browsing Reddit. It has been developed from the ground-up for an intuitive touch-screen experience.
So what makes Alien Blue the ultimate Reddit client for the iPhone?
* Inline image viewing in comments
* Ability to search Reddit's archive of posts
* Add / Create Posts (and Self Threads) (PRO)
* Multiple / Novelty Account Support
* One-Tap Imgur Integration when posting (and when commenting)
* One-Tap Quoting
* Support for Casual Subreddits
* Integrated "Readability" from Arc90 for in-built browser
* One-Tap to "View All Images" in comments (PRO)
* Large buttons for embedded links
* Save State (when reading posts/comments) on Exit
* Automatic notification of new messages from your Reddit inbox while you browse.
* Post, and *edit* your comments
* Interface optimised and tested for easy single handed browsing.
* Fullscreen mode
* Ability to exclude posts based on keywords (PRO)
* Easily identify which comments are made from the Post creator. This is especially developed for AMA and AskReddit style threads.
* Collapsable comments
* (PRO) Tilt Scroll
* (PRO) "Hide All" feature. Get fresh results every time. (syncs automatically with your hidden posts on the Reddit server).
* Night mode option for very low backlight and reduced contrast.
You can upgrade to the PRO version of Alien Blue within the Settings section of the application.
Upgrading to the PRO edition of Alien Blue unlocks the following features:
* Canvas View and Image Galleries
* Comment Link previews (retina device required)
* Retina Thumbnails (retina device required)
* Create Posts / Self Threads
* Exclude Posts by Keywords
* One-Tap Imgur Integration
* One-Tap Quoting
* Multiple / Novelty Account support
* "Hide All" displayed posts (syncs automatically with your Reddit account)
* Subscribe & Unsubscribe to Reddits via Alien Blue
* Tilt Scroll
The Reddit logo is a licensed trademark of Conde Nast, and is used with express permission.
What's New in Version 2.8.2
Fixed: [Critical] Imgur albums not displaying on iOS 7 devices
Nice app, but can't disable porn
This app is a very efficient way to browse reddit; in some ways it works better than the site itself. The comment threading is excellent and the gallery view makes places like /r/pics a snap to surf. However, the fatal flaw in this app is the fact that it has no option to allow the user to disable Not Safe For Work (i.e. pornographic) content showing up in your links. It does not honor the setting you set in reddit itself (which does allow disabling of porn) and it does not have the option it its own settings. The result is that browsing /r/all means that you have no choice but to be peppered with links with titles like "18F want to see me play with a dildo?" To me this is unacceptable, especially for a paid program.
If this program had a feature that allow disabling of porn or if it honored your reddit settings, it would easily merit 5 stars.
Absolutely hands down fabulous app
Everything is just flawless, I'm having trouble finding a problem with it. I loved it so much I upgraded to PRO just because they did such a good job on this app. Keep up the good work. The only thing I could say is when we are viewing a GIF have the feature of saving it directly to our photos too. There are only the options of sending it to someone or opening it in safari, but even then when I open it in safari I'm able to save it my photos so really I don't care. It's just hard to find flaws in this beautiful app. ❤️
Does what you want and does it well
If you're looking for a mobile Reddit client this app is for you. I've been using it for quite a while and was immediately impressed with the quality. It's perfect for a bit of reading before bed or when you're out of the house with a few minutes to kill. I've spent more time on this app than any other and that's just as much a testament to the quality of Alien Blue as it is to Reddit itself. And if you're enjoying the app, consider upgrading to the pro version to help support the dev.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 24, 2013
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
- © Jason Morrissey
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$1.99