GPS Navigation (Sat Nav)
By Telenav GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GPS Navigation from skobbler - 3 full-fledged apps in one:
Top-rated navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn)
Wiki travel guide
You get all this even if you are offline.
skobbler NGx cutting-edge map technology.
Various search functions. Different map styles. Different route modes.
It is quite a package.
FULL-FLEDGED NAVIGATION FOR VEHICLES AND PEDESTRIANS, ONLINE OR OFFLINE
* Gives you full-fledged turn-by-turn navigation. Functionalities such as speed warnings, street sign displays, 3D-view (isometric) and much more are of course included. All these functionalities are available online and optionally offline (see below).
* The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
* Real-Time Premium Traffic (RPT): This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. RPT will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
ONE WORLDWIDE MAP RATHER THAN A WHOLE LOAD OF SMALL MAPS, ONLINE OR OPTIONALLY OFFLINE
* With GPS Navigation you no longer have to worry about finding your way. No need for paper maps. No matter where you are or where the journey takes you, the OpenStreetMap can be used anywhere.
You can decide whether you want to use it online of offline. The entire map is always available online. You can also enhance the app for offline use with almost 1000 additions (cities, countries, continents). You get one entire offline country map for free. Download the respective area (ideally via Wifi). Once installed, you will always have it with you, even without an internet connection. And you’ll be able to make full use of all major features. Country maps always include all cities and their street plans or city maps. The map is always seamless. You never have to switch between several maps.
SKOBBLER NGX TECHNOLOGY: TOP GRAPHICS, ROUTE CALCULATIONS, VARIOUS PRESENTATION TYPES AND NO OFFLINE HALF-MEASURES
* GPS Navigation includes skobbler's innovative NGx map technology. You get maps that look great and move, zoom and rotate with unrivaled ease. Simply touch the map for slightly longer to interact with individual points on the map. You will never get blurred images or useless empty 'map-loading' tiles.
Instead, you get different map styles (e.g. night, outdoor) and a route planner for vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists. Something else you won't find anywhere else: all functions can be used both online and offline (in installed map areas).
- Full-fledged navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn) including Traffic service
- Completely interactive OpenStreetMap (OSM)
- One single map with global coverage
- Can be enhanced within the app for offline use of all major functions
- You get one entire offline country map for free.
- Full functionality with and (after installation) without Internet connection (online and offline)
- Ability to install whole countries including their city maps (Wifi recommended)
- Continuous free map updates
- Extensive Wiki travel guide
- Powerful map technology (NGx)
- Route planner (vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists)
- Various map styles (e.g. night, outdoor)
- Various search facilities
- Convenient favorites lists
- Optional synchronization of favorites with the web portal maps.skobbler.com
! Please note that as with all navigation apps, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Traffic regulations and current road situations always precede skobbler’s directions!
What's New in Version 7.1
Today you receive our app's new version. It contains the following enhancements:
- Bug fixing
We hope that you will like the app’s new version and would be very glad, if you decided to leave a positive rating in the App Store.
In case of questions, problems or suggestions, please contact our support via e-mail (support[at]skobbler.com).
Thanks for using GPS Navigation!
Great app but a little difficult to "navigate"
This app is visually beautiful and chock-full of driving information, complete with links to other apps like Trip Advisor. Maybe it's just me, and maybe I have been using dumbed down traffic ask for too long, but this one feels a little overly complicated – sometimes it's tough to figure out how to do what you in one or two simple steps – it doesn't always feel as intuitive as some other apps do. Also, while the traffic reporting appears highly accurate, I do miss the Waze app"s reporting of speed traps - not that I'm speeding necessarily, but I do like to know where they are. All this said, I am likely going to rely on this app for the wonderful visuals and traffic reporting, and keep Waze running in the background for police reporting. I do agree with the commenter below that the in-app purchase for traffic is expensive given that Google provides the same information, more or less, for free – so that's your call.
Beats all the others hands down!
I've used Navigon, Waze, Tom Tom, GPS Motion-X Drive, Apple, Google, and others. This is FINALLY what I wanted in a GPS app!
Easy to use, great search options, clean interface with big buttons to use when navigating, nice looking map that's easy on the eyes and all the features I want. I added 56 favorites that I had been using in Navigon, most were easily found ... I love the Local Search! This app is very intuitive and easy to learn. (There is a help manual in the main menu for those of you complaining that there isn't one.) I added the INRIX Traffic as it is a great feature for the price.
Does not give the posted speed limit very often in Austin TX. I know this is the limitation of having community driven map updates. I miss this as my Navigon (Garmin) app gave me the speed limit most of the time.
Thanks Skobbler! You hit a home run with this app!!!
Works really well and accurate. I wish the detour and traffic functions were a bit more user friendly. One feature I would like to see, when you would be able to look at a traffic summary, to see traffic speeds in increments and if there is an incident to be able to directly reroute that leg of the trip base on traffic flow
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 02, 2015
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 60.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Telenav GmbH
- © 2015 Telenav GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Map access - USA$2.99
- Map access - North America$4.99
- Map access - All maps$10.99
- Wallace & Gromit$3.99
- Map access - Europe$4.99
- Stephen Fry$3.99
- Mr. T$3.99
- Ernie & Bert$3.99
- Map access - Italy$2.99