By Matthew McComb
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Simple2Do brings an elegant and intuitive approach to task management on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- "Simple2Do felt like a seamless switch between in-house apps like Email and the app itself. This app is completely worth the $0.99 download, especially for those who like to make lists." - appsafari.com ★★★★
- "Well, so far I have never found a simple to do list app like this. You must try it and compare it to your other to do list apps." - ipodportal.com
Unlike other to-do list applications Simple2Do favours user experience over bloated features and functionality. With Simple2Do task management is simple, easy and quick, giving you more time to get things done.
* Quickly Add Tasks - With the press of a button you can add a new task directly from the Simple2Do home screen by just typing the title. The new task is then automatically placed into your Inbox list ready to be moved later on and edited with any more info.
* Group Tasks With Lists - Add your own lists and access them directly from the application home screen.
* Easily Review Your Tasks - The Simple2Do home screen delivers everything you need to know about your tasks. Each list has its own task count displayed right there on the home screen. And all due tasks are easily accessed through the 'Now Due' list with a single touch.
* Completed Tasks List - Simple2Do prevents completed tasks from bloating up your lists by automatically moving all completed tasks to their own list.
* Delete Completed Tasks - One at a time or all in one go!
* Shake To Sort - When viewing a list of tasks shake your iPhone/iPod to quickly switch the sort mode of the tasks.
* Application Badge - If you're really in a rush you don't even need to start the app. Simple2Do displays the number of currently due tasks right on top of its app icon in the iPhone/iPod home screen.
* Screen Orientation - Prefer to type in landscape mode? No problem! Every screen in Simple2Do can be rotated any way you like.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Added support for multitasking
- Fixed bug where tasks would appear in the incorrect section
- Fixed bug where multiple sections with the same name would be displayed
A few early observations...
1. The autogenerated list display ("inbox" through "complete") takes up too much screen real estate. All but your first two custom lists will require scrolling to access - this is actually a fairly significant pain.
2. The font for list items is too big, most entries WILL be clipped.
3. Adding a new task requires a completely unnecessary extra tap to get to enter the title - clicking the "+" sign in a list should take you right to a blinking cursor with a keypad to let you enter the title.
4. Allow manual sorting of lists. Manual assignment of priorities is probably preferred over any of the current 3 sort options.
I imagine the VAST majority of users would appreciate these changes that would make the program even more efficient. I think if these changes were implemented this app would be a valid compitetor with the Listmaker app which is substantially more expensive and currently more buggy than this app.