NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOOK free book reading app for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! This free reader app has a library of over 4 million free best-selling eBooks, magazines, comics, and kids’ books in every genre including fiction, romance, business, sci-fi, mystery, and more - including 1 million FREE titles. . Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK - the top-rated app for readers
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• NEW: B&N Readouts: Daily streams of FREE quick reads—two-minute book excerpts and magazine articles—customizable by interest and designed for iPhone reading. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Massive selection of over 4 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Explore the App: Test drive the app even before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
• My Shelves: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
• Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey, Earth Bound, The Liar, A New Hope, Ever After
• Fiction: Go Set a Watchman, Truth or Die, The Rumor, In the Unlikely Event, Country, Gone Girl
• Mystery: Nemesis (FBI Series #19), 14th Deadly Sin, Dark Places, Wicked Charms, The Girl on the Train
• Books for Teens: Paper Towns, Divergent, Maze Runner, The Heir, Red Queen, Cinder
• Books for Young Readers: Wimpy Kid, Magnus Chase, Wings of Fire, Charlotte’s Web, Frozen, Magic Tree House
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Martian, Queen of Fire, Armada, A Game of Thrones
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Harper Lee
• Kiera Cass
• Rick Riordan
• Nora Roberts
• Stephen King
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
• 200+ college newspapers
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of content may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.5.1
- 3D Touch support for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. Access Quick Start shortcuts for Search, My Shelves, B&N Readouts, and Current Read from the Home Screen app icon!
- iPad Pro compatibility and support for Apple Pencil
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
Still needs work
I have had three iterations of the nook, and have use the nook app for many years. The nook app is convenient, easy to use, and synchronizes well with the Barnes & Noble website. The developers at Barnes & Noble have done a great job. However, it still lacks certain functionalities which would greatly enhance the overall experience. For example, it would be much more user-friendly if you could download books from the app without having to having to first visit the website. This would be particularly convenient as there are now Barnes & Noble readouts. It would be a smoother, more professional experience if you could explore a readout sample, and if you enjoyed the book, download from the app immediately. Additionally, if you do purchase a download from the website after having read a sample book, you basically have to start over again reading the book as all annotations, bookmarks, and highlights disappear. Frustrating to say the least.
Really good app
I love my nook! I love this app that allows me to read on the fly with my phone. BUT. It would be nice if you could just do a search for the books you have downloaded and not have to go through your whole library (currently about 1000 books)! Please this would be nice to sort the books just by the ones you downloaded to that device. And like another reviewer commented that with this being a booksellers app you would think this feature would be a no brainer! Also like another reviewer commented that BN likes to archive books and magazines without you knowing. Would be nice if they left that up to US to determine when we want to archive.
I still enjoy this app - now even more so
I enjoy the fact I can read a book on my iPad, and then when I'm waiting to pick my grandsons us from school I can continue reading in my car on my iPhone. It asks me if I want to go to the new reading position and this is great - don't have to scroll forever to find it. I usually archive a book once I'm finished with it (or bored) but now I can go into the archive to pull it back up for reference or further reading. So far, I've not had any problems due to the update. Reading on my iPad is wonderful - saves my weary sore wrists from holding a book.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 04, 2016
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 50.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2015 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.