NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and powerful organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your reading and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one screen to another.
Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
• Browse Bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions.
• Purchases completed on Barnes & Noble’s website will automatically appear on your device.
• Over 1 million FREE titles! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from Bookstore.
• Download free book samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
• Try any newspaper or magazine free for 14 days.*
Rich, Customizable Reading
• Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Use our Day, Night, and Evening themes or create your own background and text color combinations.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Organize your Library with custom stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Additional language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
Create Your Own Quote Cards
• Found an inspiring or beautiful sentence in your book? Highlight and tap on ‘Share’ to launch the quote editor and create a custom Quote Card.
• Choose your favorite background and share with friends on social networks, email, and text message.
Discovery Delivered Daily
• Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered FREE in daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
• Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.7.0
• Introducing Bookstore: Browse new releases, bestsellers, and so much more. Explore recommendations just for you.
• Wishlist your favorites. View your NOOK Wishlists on Barnes & Noble’s website.
• Create custom Quote Cards from your favorite highlights. Choose your background and share with friends on social media, email, and text message.
• View editorial and customer reviews from Product Detail Pages.
• Optimization for iOS 10 compatibility.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
I don't like the fact that when one of my favorite books/series of mine becomes a show or movie the covers get changed. It feels like a violation to look into your library and see books that you bought ages ago with new covers, not the way I purchased them. I enjoy the original artwork of my books and don't want to see the actors playing them in a show or movie on the cover. Most of my books I have read before they get on screen. Seeing my covers change makes me feel like I jumped on the bandwagon. I understand their may be some people who enjoy the new covers, I suggest giving us the option to go back and forth. Those of us who prefer the original covers can have them and those who want the new ones can have them. I love nook! I cant imagine going back to real books...and I used to be so against e-readers....but this one feature really does upset me and makes me consider going back to the old way. At least when I purchase a real book they don't change. The way I buy it is the way it stays. Please please please work on this. I would love to have the option of going back to my original covers :)
Good but needs work
While the Nook app is a good reader, there a few improvements that need to happen before I can give it a better rating. First off, you can sort your books by most recent, title and author. However, once you have selected a sort say author, for instance, you just get all your books in alphabetical order by author. You then have to page through all the letters until you get to the area you want. Would be nice to see an alphabet at the top where once you have sorted your books you could then jump straight to the area you want. This might not seem like a big deal when you only have a couple books in your library, but once you get over 100 it is very time consuming to find an author at the end of the alphabet.
I also wish there was a way to group books in a "folder" or "collection". I have 15+ books I need to read for a class. Would be nice if I could group them all together under a name like Lit 220, etc.
As the app works currently, it is very tedious and time consuming when searching for a certain book.
I would give it 5 stars if the App would put the books in alphabetical order by author correctly. I have books by the same author mixed in all over the place. If the author was helped and a second name is included on the cover, it should still be placed by the main authors name. Case in point, Clive Cussler. His books are scattered all over. Please correct this one little thing and I will revise my rating. Also, if you make it so that it doesn't always go back to the top of the library list each and every time you open a book just to get the copyright date to see which book is next in line, it would be a huge help. I would give you 10 stars for that.
Other than the things mentioned I have never had a problem downloading my books, reading them and then archiving them. Some reviews I've read have had a dismal time but I have never, never had any trouble with my Nook or Nook app for iPad.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 4.7.0
- Size: 76.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2016 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.