NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOOK free book reading app for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! This free reader app has a library of over 4 million free best-selling eBooks, magazines, comics, and kids’ books in every genre including fiction, romance, business, sci-fi, mystery, and more - including 1 million FREE titles. . Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK - the top-rated app for readers
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• NEW: B&N Readouts: Daily streams of FREE quick reads—two-minute book excerpts and magazine articles—customizable by interest and designed for iPhone reading. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Massive selection of over 4 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Explore the App: Test drive the app even before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
• My Shelves: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
• Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey, Earth Bound, The Liar, A New Hope, Ever After
• Fiction: Go Set a Watchman, Truth or Die, The Rumor, In the Unlikely Event, Country, Gone Girl
• Mystery: Nemesis (FBI Series #19), 14th Deadly Sin, Dark Places, Wicked Charms, The Girl on the Train
• Books for Teens: Paper Towns, Divergent, Maze Runner, The Heir, Red Queen, Cinder
• Books for Young Readers: Wimpy Kid, Magnus Chase, Wings of Fire, Charlotte’s Web, Frozen, Magic Tree House
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Martian, Queen of Fire, Armada, A Game of Thrones
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Harper Lee
• Kiera Cass
• Rick Riordan
• Nora Roberts
• Stephen King
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
• 200+ college newspapers
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of content may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.6.1
• Now supporting the Enhanced NOOK Book format (embedded video and audio clips)
• Search and download FREE books (including Free Friday books via B&N Readouts)
• Search for your books using iOS Spotlight search (iOS9 only)
• Find even more related books in product details page
• Serial Reads: Font Size Control
• New Evening Theme (easier on the eyes at night)
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
• Fixed Font Size and Margin settings issue (4.6.1)
• Fixed access to Internet Archive titles (4.6.1)
Update Thank You
Thanks for the most recent changes to fonts in your update. The update also said there were margin updates, but couldn't find any setting to change the block margins to ragged edge margin. I have had several eye surgeries and the more bold text is a real help. An additional assistance would be the adding of the Dyslexic font found in the Overdrive app. This font is very easy on the eyes for those of us with a vision problem or have dyslexia as it draws the eye down to the bottom of the line of text with the weight of the letters. Keep up the improvement, you're making it easier to use this app again. Font size needs a little more variation, moving up a size should increase the size by 1.5 not double. The smallest is a touch too small, but next up cuts the amount of text in half, being too much of an increase for a speedy reader, turning the page too much. But on the flip side of the coin I can tell you're listening to those of us who depend on a ereader because of vision problems.
I like that I can open books I've purchased elsewhere (smashword etc) in it HOWEVER I HATE that I can't put my books in reading order in my shelves...it automatically places them alpha by title then it rearranges so it puts the one you are reading first ....grrr. I can do this on my HD, my Color Tablet etc.
I also don't like the fact that I can't go to the shop using this app OR the fact when I do an author search it will show all their books even the ones you don't own. You would think that was great right....WRONG!! It doesn't let you click on them to get more info instead it downloads a sample and you aren't allowed to cancel the download.
ALSO there is no SYNC button in the app like the actual nooks have and the kindle app. if I didn't have so much invested in B&N I would switch.
Nook on iPad
I love Nook. Having said that, the Nook app is a source of complaint for me. I love being able to have my Nook books on my iPad. I use it everyday. That is not an exaggeration. However, it does crash more than I feel necessary for an app that has been out so long. Also, you cannot buy books directly from the app. For this, the Nook color, which I have, is much better. It also has my other PDF books on it, which the Nook app for iPad
does not have. It would also be nice if they would show all the books in a series, in order.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 02, 2016
- Version: 4.6.1
- Size: 51.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2016 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.