Best Friends Sleepover
By PicPocket Books
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Best Friends Sleepover
Written and illustrated by Jacqueline Rogers
Reading Level: 4-8 years
Best Friends Sleepover: All of Gilbert’s best friends will be at the slumber party, but Gilbert worries that he won’t be able to go to sleep unless his mother tucks him in and sings him his favorite song. Gilbert’s friends help him get through his first night away from home in Jacqueline Rogers’ humorous and heartwarming story about friendship. And her richly detailed watercolor paintings perfectly capture the spirit of four rambunctious little boys, who just happen to look like animals. Originally published by Scholastic Books.
About this App:
PicPocket Books brings quality children’s picture book literature to digital media. Now, children can enjoy their favorites stories on-the-go, even when they do not have a physical book to read.
Parents, take notice. This App:
- Does not includes analytics.
- Does not collect or share any personal data.
- Does not contain any ads.
- Does not contain any In App Purchases.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration.
- Links to the iTunes App Store for the option to see other family-friendly, educational apps from PicPocket Books and KidsMathFun.
This CHILDREN'S BOOK app promotes EARLY LEARNING and helps your children develop READING skills by connecting the spoken audio words and sounds with the written word on the page. PicPocket Books' Learn-to-Read highlighting feature is an additional READING aid.
PicPocket Books offer a unique and new children's book experience, combining the beauty of quality picture books with audio recordings and interactive visual text. This combination enables independent enjoyment for children regardless of reading level, subtle support for early readers, and nostalgic fun for adults.
Whether standing in a grocery line, taking a car trip, or waiting in a doctor's office, PicPocket Books provide personal, interactive story experiences. The books can be downloaded with one click or tap, and provide educational and entertainment value to children and adults alike.
Your PicPocket Book is a perfect complement to regular story time with parents or grandparents, and a gentle alternative to flashy, fast-paced digital media time.
- High fidelity, full-color illustrations that stay true to the original print book.
- High quality audio recording.
- Highlighted text corresponds with audio - each word highlights as it is read to help new readers understand the connection between words and sounds - excellent for beginning readers or curious pre-readers.
- Play-pause to start and stop the story at any time.
- Fast-forward and fast-back to replay images and audio.
- Stories downloadable directly to your device, anytime, anywhere, on-the-go.
- Buy it once, play it as many times as you want.
- Patent-pending technology.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch
PicPocket Books is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3, 4-7,8-10
Categories: BOOKS, READING
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Updated to run on all iOS from 3.2 to 4.2.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 29, 2011
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Take 2 Ventures LLC
- © 2010 PicPocket Books LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.