The Scoop — NYTimes Guide to NYC Food, Drinks & Fun
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Scoop is a guide to New York City from the editors of The New York Times. We share our favorite restaurants, bars, coffee shops, performances and day trips. You go out and have fun. Check off the places you’ve been, and share what you’ve done with friends.
New York is one of the greatest cities on earth. Make the most of it!
• Restaurants: Our favorite eateries in the city, from the Times’ famed Critics’ Picks.
• Coffee: Oliver Strand’s favorite coffee shops of the moment.
• Only in New York: Uniquely New York experiences.
• Citi Bike: Sponsored by Citi, find the nearest station to pick up or return a bike. Availability is updated every minute.
• Theater: Recommended shows from Ben Brantley and Charles Isherwood.
• Kids: Child-friendly events in and around the city.
• Art: Noteworthy gallery and museum listings.
• Home Furnishings: Our favorite home décor stores.
• Day Trips: Outings and excursions beyond the five boroughs.
What's New in Version 1.5
New listings in Coffee and Home Furnishings.
Bug fixes and iOS7 optimization.
*If you enjoy The Scoop, please take a minute to leave us a nice review. If you’re having any issues, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 591-9233 or @NYTimesMobile on Twitter.
A must for arts enthusiasts visiting NY
I adore this app: The arts listings are concise and up-to-the-minute, and it geolocates its excellent recommendations. I suggest "The Scoop" to all newcomers to New York, and tourists, especially museum and gallery goers, and families with kids.
Unfortunately, it's perpetually buggy and crashes often on launch. Deleting the app and reinstalling it fixed this for a period of time, but I've deleted and reinstalled it about 5 times now. Hope the NYT will debug it soon.
Love The Scoop!
I'm a heavy user and early adopter of apps seeking out cool stuff to do on frequent trips to nyc and The Scoop is my hands-down favorite. In the age of info-overload the excellent curation here had allowed us to discover so many cool things in the city. My favorite section is Only In NYC- if you could rotate in a few more picks there it would be much appreciated since that is a phenomenal list!
Great resource but crashes often
I keep downloading the app cause I appreciate the content and have never been disappointed in the recommendations, but it crashes constantly. Wish they would fix it.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 09, 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.