By D. Brad Talton Jr.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RPG Cartographer puts the power to create a world into your hands, then turns your iPad into a virtual gaming table!
See our demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvId1I-zCGE
Share maps and download free original maps at http://www.lvl99games.com/?page_id=536
Use RPG Cartographer to create brilliant game maps with ease, then actually play out your games on the iPad!
With an intuitive, minimalist interface and the ability for extensive customization heretofore unseen in mapmaking applications, RPG Cartographer will let you create the rich, vibrant game maps you've always dreamed of adventuring in--and then experience them firsthand with your party!
And it's not just for RPGs! You can use Cartographer's modern combat units to play out war games too!
- Create maps on the iPad with ease using intuitive drag and drop controls designed specifically with a touch screen in mind!
- Complete design freedom! Use two finger touch controls to stretch, rotate, and move your map tiles without limitation. You're not just placing tiles on a grid anymore!
- Square Grid and Hex Grid overlays make Cartographer perfect for both RPGs and War Games!
- Over 1000 unique map tiles to build with!
- Export your maps to images and download them to your computer!
- Share complete map files with other Cartographer users!
- Play directly off of the iPad with a vast array of over 650 player tokens, including fantasy, modern, and sci-fi sets!
- Republish your home-made maps in any formats you wish!
What's New in Version 1.3
Fixed a bug which caused crashes on some devices when creating a new map.
Update for Version 1.3 - I added two more stars - still some crashing, but seems to be better and at least I could make a new map. Still can't open the maps that you can access through the website sharing site, though.
Previous Version review -
Great app, but currently useless due to very frequent crashes in edit and play mode. "App Support" takes you to an advertisement for the app, but no support.
Definitely can not recommend to others until this is fixed.
Developers - I am using iPad 1 with latest IOS update (as of Oct 6, 2011). App seems crashes frequently in play and edit mode.
This is an easy to use tool but it has some problems that are pretty frustrating. The most obvious one is that when selecting a specific object like the stream in the bottom right under terrain it selects the one to the left of it. There are similar issues in other categories and an update is needed. I am using the iPad 3 and it may be that this is too new and hasn't been made 100% compatible with it.
I bought this app so I can make maps for my campaign on the go. This is a terrible app for making maps. It crashes often, the save function doesn't work correctly, textures only come in one circular lump, and the most annoying thing of all is that you can't delete. It seems they've changed the interface after they did their tutorial video. There's no trash can to delete items.
This app is infuriating and is a waste of time and money.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 07, 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 116 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Talton
- © 2010 D. Brad Talton Jr.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.