Genius Scan - PDF Scanner
By The Grizzly Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Genius Scan is a scanner in your pocket. Quickly scan your documents on the go and export them as JPEG or multi-page PDF files.
"Next time you plan to hit the road don't forget to download a copy of Genius Scan to make life easier for yourself and your accounting department." - AppPicker.com
"Camera apps aren't designed for close-up text scanning, but Genius Scan is." - The Guardian
Our scanner technology includes smart page detection, perspective correction and image enhancement. In addition, Genius Scan offers powerful tools to organize and safely export your documents.
More than 15 million users have downloaded Genius Scan and thousands of small businesses are trusting it. Apple featured Genius Scan several times and named it “App of the Week”. Genius Scan is constantly praised by its users.
WHAT PEOPLE USE GENIUS SCAN FOR:
- Quickly scan any document anywhere, when you don't have a scanner at hand
- Avoid buying an expensive scanner that you are never going to use
- Have your employees on the road send contracts, sales agreement to the headquarters immediately upon signature.
- Expedite expense reports by quickly creating a PDF with all your receipts and send them to Expensify
- Get rid of all your paper documents by archiving them to Dropbox
- Quickly scan a form you just printed when you don’t have a scanner
- At the university, take a picture of a whiteboard
- Archive handwritten notes or share them with colleagues
- Save the perfect recipe after cooking
- Save handwritten memos, or book pages for future reference
- Share a good restaurant menu on Twitter
WHAT ARE THE KEY FEATURES:
- Detects the page frame, crops it and corrects the perspective: you don't need to take a perfect straight shot. Genius Scan will remove any unnecessary background
- Enhances the legibility of your document: black and white or color post-processing
- Emails the scans as JPEG or PDF files
- Creates PDF documents with multiple pages
- Organizes your documents with titles, tags and powerful search
- Exports the documents to Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Expensify, Facebook, Google Drive, OneDrive (including Business accounts), OneNote, FTP, SugarSync, Twitter, WebDAV and other applications
- Prints over AirPrint
- Shares document over Wifi for easy access from your computer
- Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server
- Protect your documents with Touch ID and encrypt PDF files with a password
Some features are only available in Genius Scan+: printing, cloud export, no ads and customizable email signatures, Touch ID and PDF protection.
WHAT THE PRESS IS SAYING:
"This is an absolutely amazing app." - AppSafari.com
"Need to scan an important document but aren’t near a business center? The free Genius Scan iPhone app is perfect for the business traveler who needs to scan on the fly." - Appolicious
- Website: http://www.thegrizzlylabs.com
- Twitter: @thegrizzlylabs
- Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our goal is to create the best tool to make it easy and fast for you to digitize your documents. We are always available to answer your questions and comments.
What's New in Version 3.10.3
ONEDRIVE FOR BUSINESS
Genius Scan now supports OneDrive for Business (Office 365 or SharePoint). When you export a document to OneDrive, just login with your business account and you'll be all set. Please note that if you have been using OneDrive in Genius Scan, you will need to authenticate again.
PDF Encryption used to only apply to manually uploaded documents. The documents you auto-upload will be protected as well; you will just need to setup your PDF Encryption password in the settings.
In some cases Genius Scan was using more disk space than necessary. This is now history.
We've more coming soon (as usual!). Your feedback helps us drive where Genius Scan is going, so always feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We read and reply to every email.
Perfect Free Scanning App
Although no scan with your phone is going to be as good as one you make with an actual scanner, this gets it pretty close. It lets you adjust each corner as delicately as possible to get the best scan. It let me store as much as I wanted and I could use the wifi transfer feature to download everything on to my computer in one sitting. The wifi transfer feature was a little spotty as I had to keep refreshing my browser but it was still pretty convenient. You can also just email everything to yourself. This really is great for people who don't have access to a scanner or might want to scan something really quick. I used it to scan all of my timecards right before I had to submit them which was great.
Genius Scan is great for scanning things into the app itself, but once it's saved there you can't really do anything with it. It's incredibly frustrating. I've had to email documents from Genius Scan (even just to my own gmail account) 5 or more times before it actually works, if it even works at all. Also the app used your default email as the "sender" but I've had to go back into my gmail to make sure it was sent. It often just sits in your "drafts" folder and never gets sent unless you manually login to your email go to the drafts folder, open it up and click send. Again, that is only if the document even makes it to your default email. So if your needs are strictly to get a document saved and stored to your phone, it's great. Anything more than that may or may not work (more often not, in my experience) and is extremely frustrating.
Best free photo to PDF app out I've found
I need it for receipts mostly. Genius Scan lets me name, rotate, and switch color/black-n-white before emailing. I just noticed I can not only do multi-page docs, but I can move pages between docs. It even supports direct wifi sharing to another device via the other device's web browser. This is everything I need and more than I expected. I'm considering buying the pro version just to support the developer. The free version is awesome and that should be rewarded.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 01, 2016
- Version: 3.10.3
- Size: 19.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: The Grizzly Labs
- © 2015 The Grizzly Labs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Genius Scan+$6.99