Genius Scan - PDF Scanner
By The Grizzly Labs
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Genius Scan is a scanner in your pocket. Quickly scan your documents on the go and export them as JPEG or multi-page PDF files.
"Next time you plan to hit the road don't forget to download a copy of Genius Scan to make life easier for yourself and your accounting department." - AppPicker.com
"Camera apps aren't designed for close-up text scanning, but Genius Scan is." - The Guardian
Our scanner technology includes smart page detection, perspective correction and image enhancement. The batch scanning lets you scan dozens of pages in a matter of seconds. In addition, Genius Scan offers powerful tools to organize and safely export your documents.
More than 20 million users have downloaded Genius Scan and thousands of small businesses are trusting it. Apple featured Genius Scan several times and named it “App of the Week”. Genius Scan is constantly praised by its users.
WHAT PEOPLE USE GENIUS SCAN FOR:
- Quickly scan any document anywhere, when you don't have a scanner at hand
- Avoid buying an expensive scanner that you are never going to use
- Have your employees on the road send contracts, sales agreement to the headquarters immediately upon signature.
- Expedite expense reports by quickly creating a PDF with all your receipts and send them to Expensify
- Get rid of all your paper documents by archiving them to Dropbox
- Quickly scan a form you just printed when you don’t have a scanner
- At the university, take a picture of a whiteboard
- Archive handwritten notes or share them with colleagues
- Save the perfect recipe after cooking
- Save handwritten memos, or book pages for future reference
- Share a good restaurant menu on Twitter
WHAT ARE THE KEY FEATURES:
- Detects the page frame, crops it and corrects the perspective: you don't need to take a perfect straight shot. Genius Scan will remove any unnecessary background
- Enhances the legibility of your document: black and white or color post-processing
- Batch scanning let you quickly scan pages in a row
- Batch import from the gallery to import dozens of photos at a time
- Emails the scans as JPEG or PDF files
- Creates PDF documents with multiple pages
- Organizes your documents with titles, tags and powerful search
- Smart document names let you adapt Genius Scan to your workflow
- Exports the documents to Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Expensify, Facebook, Google Drive, OneDrive (and OneDrive for Business), OneNote (and OneNote for Business), FTP, SugarSync, Twitter, WebDAV and other applications
- Prints over AirPrint
- Shares document over Wifi for easy access from your computer
- Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server
- Protect your documents with Touch ID and encrypt PDF files with a password
Some features are only available in Genius Scan+: printing, cloud export, no ads and customizable email signatures, Touch ID and PDF protection.
WHAT THE PRESS IS SAYING:
"This is an absolutely amazing app." - AppSafari.com
"Need to scan an important document but aren’t near a business center? The free Genius Scan iPhone app is perfect for the business traveler who needs to scan on the fly." - Appolicious
- Website: http://www.thegrizzlylabs.com
- Twitter: @thegrizzlylabs
- Support: email@example.com
Our goal is to create the best tool to make it easy and fast for you to digitize your documents. We are always available to answer your questions and comments.
What's New in Version 4.1.7
Did you know that Genius Scan was compatible with Mobile Device Management solutions. MDMs let you pre-install and remotely configure applications on your employees phones. In particular, you can:
- Pre-configure the FTP export
- Pre-configure the email recipients
- Disable specific export plugins (eg. you only want your employees to export to the pre-configured FTP)
- Disable the Wifi Sharing option
For more information, you can refer to https://www.thegrizzlylabs.com/genius-scan/for-enterprise
- Fixed a couple crashes
- Fixed some internationalization glitches
- Fixed occasional error when exporting PDF with a smart document name
If you like Genius Scan, do let a review on the App Store: this helps us a lot! Your feedback is always welcome, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We read and reply to every email.
Easy shortcut to scanning
I love how easy it is to scan a file with Genius Scan. When your personal scanner or work scanner isn't working or is overrun with other jobs, this is an awesome alternative. You can rotate pages, crop them, rearrange pages, and even convert from black-and-white to "photo," which scans your image over exactly as it appeared when you took the scan ("picture"). The only downside to this app is that you won't immediately receive your scan(s) if you're sending it/them via email; in fact, mine don't appear in my inbox until 24-48 hours later. I'm unsure if that's a wifi issue for me or not, but that happens to me no matter what wifi I'm using. But, overall, I would definitely recommend this app!
Great for reframing
While traveling I take pictures of information boards and pictures of paintings for later enjoyment. This app allows me to straighten up and reframe these images. I do prefer an earlier version that did not attempt to reframe the image as you took the picture. This may work fine when you're just taking pictures of flat images on a table but not for the way our use this app. This earlier version would do a great job of automatically reframing a image imported from the camera roll. I hope they will reinstall this feature on a future version. This could give us the choice of how to use this app.
I use this App a lot
I work at a Honda dealership where I need to send and receive insurance cards, registrations and drivers licenses. This app makes it super easy to convert the customers photos that they send me on a text message and convert it to a PDF so my work computer will print it out properly.
I also use it to take a photo of the Bill of Sale and a MSO, convert it to a PDF then email it to the insurance company.
This is a very handy and useful app. I have tried others but I now have Genius Scan on my dock so I can use it quickly.
Thank you for making a great app!!!!!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 01, 2017
- Version: 4.1.7
- Size: 44.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: The Grizzly Labs
- © 2010-2017 The Grizzly Labs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Genius Scan+$7.99
- Small Tip$0.99
- Generous Tip$2.99
- Super Large Tip$9.99