By Andrea Vettori
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Group Text! you can easily send mass texts (on iPhone) or mass iMessages (on all devices) to groups, to handpicked set of contacts or to distribution lists. Once you create a list, you no longer have to select contacts one-by-one for a group message. Simply tap on the list or group name and you are ready to send! And if you need to send the same message many times, just save it as a template and pick it later to auto populate the text of your message. You can also easily attach a photo (iOS7 required), the address and maps link of the current or a selected position and contacts information.
Group Text! uses your text plan to send messages and replies are received on the Messages application as usual or uses the iMessages service depending on your settings.
User's guide available on the web site www.redbits.com. Please read the guide, the few negative reviews are from people that have not read the user's guide. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request the same day.
Screenshots show the app running on iOS7; when using iOS6 the design is different (see the FAQ for more information).
- send mass text messages / iMessages
- easy and quick interface
- use address book groups;
- handpick set of contacts from address book
- select / deselect single recipients in groups and lists
- create and manage distribution lists from address book or manually entering recipients information
- optionally create and use message templates
- insert photos (iOS7 required)
- insert contact information in message text
- insert the current location (address and maps link) in message text
- insert a picked location (address and maps link) in message text
- send in batches
- personalized texts when sending in batches of one recipient at a time
- setting to show all or only mobile numbers
- setting to show email addresses (for iMessage)
- alert manager to schedule up to 60 one shot or recurring alerts with pre-set lists/group and text; when an alert fire send a message with only a couple taps (in-app purchase)
- optional char counter with total used chars, size of the texts, number of the texts and remaining chars before an additional text is required.
- save or load recipients from / to csv documents
- exchange csv documents by E-Mail or iTunes
- print lists
- works on iPhone, iPad or iPod (iPad and iPod can only send iMessages)
- visually impaired users can fully control the app with VoiceOver+
- landscape support
- uses iCloud to sync lists and templates to all your devices
Note: the app can't use your existing groups when syncing with Exchange. You can however create lists in the app and use them.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
Check the FAQ to verify the settings to use when sending to large groups.
What's New in Version 3.1
- Added warning message at startup
- iOS7 support
- send in batches
- improved list manager with search and mass edit
- improved attachments support
- redesigned information screen
- bug fixes and stability improvements
I have had GROUP TEXT for about 8 months. I use it daily to send out prayer requests and announcements to our church family. I love being able to group people also such as singers, band members, deacons, youth, etc because it makes sending messages to specific groups so easy. Also, the tech support people are so patient and helpful. I am not a techy person and on two occasions I have contacted them for advice and both times have found them to be persistent in finding my problem. Each time my problem had nothing to do with Group Text but they still helped me solve the problem related to my iPhone. Love Group Text!
This is later, to share my review.
Was referred to use this by a friend/mentor in business - that communicates with a bunch of different teams - that he works with (myself, being on one of them).
Use this so much would always click the prompt to "Remind Me Later". I finally made this later.
Works like a charm for me - able to set up as many groups as I need and separate into subgroups as needed.
Had a BB, now an iPhone - put it on both. Have referred it to my friends to use if they have mass groups of friends, family or business that they want to communicate with at the same time.
This app just rocks!
I really love how the developer took the time to make the app accessible and easy to use. I also love the way the dev took time to make the work around work for ios7.I hope it actually stays there through ios8 as it is a nice alternative to make sure you did not make a mistake in sending your group message. Good job. The only thing I can say needs work is the settings dialogue. For each setting just have a back button so when the user clicks back the settings are saved. Clicking done gets redundant.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 25, 2013
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Languages: English, Italian
- Seller: Andrea Vettori
- © 2010-2013 Andrea Vettori
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Alerts Manager$2.99