By DC Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world, featuring a wide variety of characters and genres. Renowned for the World's Greatest Super Heroes - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash and many many more - DC has thrilled readers with fantastic tales from the DC UNIVERSE in dozens of languages around the world for decades.
Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC also presents different flavors of graphic storytelling through its diverse imprints.
With the official DC COMICS App, you can download and enjoy great comic books from our current weekly offerings plus our vast, legendary classics library. Powered by ComiXology, this app enables you to take advantage of the unique Guided View reading experience or enjoy the pristine, classic full page view. What's more, you'll be able to conveniently manage and read your entire collection anytime, whether you're at your desk computer, laptop or on the move using your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Experience the amazing world of DC wherever you are!
What's New in Version 3.9.6
New in 3.9.6:
* Corrected a crash that affected some customers
New in 3.9.5:
* Many of your Kindle DC Comics purchases are now readable in the app! Just sign in or merge with your Amazon Account
* Corrected a layout issue under iOS 10
* Improved performance for larger libraries
* Resolved an issue that caused users to be signed out
* Various other bug and crash fixes
* This will be the last update for iOS 7, so be sure to update your devices
Signing in every time I launch the app? No thanks!
The reader part of this application is good enough. Purchasing is also a breeze through ITunes.
However, I have so many logins already that I manage using a third party app. If I'm signed in, the application won't bug you for a day. If I just want to read the books I have, I should not be prompted three different times to sign in during which I'm just accessing a book I already purchased.
The support team tells me its to ensure I have the most up to date purchases. That's a bum response. Let the app remember your sign in information. If you need to purchase something, iTunes will ask you for your Apple Store password.
An app that gets the job done
I use the app the catch up on books that I don't have on my pull list at my local comic shop. What more could you ask for when you have the entire DC library at your fingertips
I think the app is pretty good. It's the same price as in stores, though. I think it should be cheaper since you aren't getting the physical comic.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 01, 2016
- Version: 3.9.6
- Size: 77.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DC Entertainment
- © DC Comics
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Justice League (2011-) #1$0.99
- Batman #1$0.99
- Justice League (2011-) #2$2.99
- Detective Comics (2011-) #1$0.99
- Justice League (2011-) #3$2.99
- Batman #2$1.99
- Injustice: Gods Among Us #2$0.99
- Justice League (2011-) #4$2.99
- DC Universe: Rebirth (2016) #1$2.99
- Injustice: Gods Among Us #3$0.99