DISH Anywhere for iPad
By DISH Network LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your TV with you. With the DISH Anywhere app, you can watch every TV channel you get at home on your iPad. Enjoy your favorite live or recorded programs anytime, anywhere. Also, manage your home television with a full-featured DVR manager and a searchable program guide. This is a must-have app for DISH Subscribers.
Now with thousands of On Demand movies and TV shows from HBO, Cinemax, Epix, and many more networks!
Watch Live TV*
-Take your TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, TV shows, and movies from your Hopper with Sling or 922 Slingloaded™ DVR. You can also watch TV from your Hopper, 722, or 722k DVR with the Sling® Adapter accessory.
-Integrated user interface makes it fast and easy to find the shows and movies you want to watch.
Schedule DVR Recordings
- Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.
- One-touch recording- simply choose to record one event, all events, or only new events.
Browse and Search the Program Guide, On Demand & your DVR
- Search the program guide up to 7 days in advance.
- Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword, or actor.
- View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies.
Manage your DVR Library**
- Set recording priorities.
- Manage recording conflicts.
- Delete shows you’ve already watched.
- View and adjust your recording schedule.
Transfer your DVR recordings***
- Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to their iPad and watch them offline.
- You can enjoy your favorite shows on an airplane, while commuting, or to keep your kids entertained during a long road trip. Simply transfer your DVR recordings and you’ll always have entertainment at your fingertips!
Follow your favorite teams with the Sports section**
- See up to the minute updated scores and game info for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAAB, NCAAF.
- Find the best games to watch by following the Excitement rating of each game.
- Set up and get score notifications about your favorite leagues and teams.
DISH Anywhere requires an online DISH account and one of the following DISH Network receiver models: 512, 522, 625, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, Hopper, Hopper with Sling.
(DISH Anywhere users that do not own one of the above supported receivers, but do have an online DISH account can still use the On Demand feature of the app)
*Requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling/ ViP™ 922 Slingloaded™ DVR, or a Hopper, ViP™ 722, or ViP 722k DVR with Sling Adapter accessory.
**Requires high-speed Internet connection to one of the following receiver models: Hopper with Sling, Hopper, ViP922, ViP722k, ViP722, ViP622, ViP612
***Transfer functionality requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling DVR. Hopper with a Sling Adapter is not supported. Your mobile device must be connected to the same home network as the Hopper with Sling to transfer a recording and you must maintain an active DISH account to view transferred recordings. Select recordings are not available to transfer.
What's New in Version 6.9.0
-minor Sports updates
Don't update to the latest version
Usually the app has worked really well, but this latest update seems to break Air Playing. Having issues with my new Air 2 and the latest version of the dish app with my 3rd gen Apple TV, which also has the latest update. I start playing video on my air 2, put it in HQ, then select my Apple TV to air play to, then my iPad screen is black and nothing happens on the tv. I do the same with my girlfriends iPad 2 that has the version prior to this latest dish version, and it works just fine. Really wish for a Apple TV app to stream off of.
It's BACK!!!!! or is it??
This app is really good but it could be great. I use to use the Dish Explorer app but was having issues with but what I did notice some features that dish should apply to the Anywhere App. 1 Having the ability of a full remote to pop up on your device, right now they only have the D-pad, Control pad, and keypad so if they add a full remote it would really help because as of now you have to do lots of steps when using the app to control your hopper and TV. 2 I enjoy the social networking ability that the dish explorer app has so if they could add it to the Anywhere app that would be great.
Great App until last update
I use this app all the time since I an always on the road for work. But since the last update it takes forever to transfer my shows over to my iPad. It keeps giving me and error telling me I have no internet connection but I have a great internet connection. I even went as far as testing everything on my end to make sure that it wasn’t me and everything tested out. Just a crazy error that I can’t figure out why I get but it only seems to happen when I am transferring shows from my Hopper to my iPad.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 26, 2015
- Version: 6.9.0
- Size: 42.2 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: DISH Network LLC
- © 2013 Sling Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.