CRYSTAL DEFENDERS for iPad
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Crystal Defenders is a strategy game in which players must deploy units comprised of popular jobs from FINAL FANTASY Tactics A2, such as Black Mages and Soldiers, mastering the terrain and elemental affinities to fend off encroaching enemy hordes that have taken aim at the the party's crystals. Players can enjoy twelve stages and 360 waves of action in three game modes catering to all skill levels. Learn the basics in W1, open the door to deeper strategies with power crystals in W2, then take on the expert W3 mode that will test the wits of even the most seasoned armchair generals!
◆Gameplay and Features
- Assess the battlefield and position your units effectively to stave off your foe!
- Your enemy will march relentlessly across the map--defeat them before they reach your crystal supply to advance to the next challenge.
- Intuitive touch panel controls and up-tempo play make Crystal Defenders easily accessible whether at home or on the go.
- Balanced and addictive gameplay offers new challenges every time you play!
- Customizable music selection: choose your favorite fanfare as you charge into battle!
For more details, visit http://www.crystaldefenders.jp/
Cooperation provided by FONTWORKS Inc.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
The following changes have been made:
- Transferring replay data to a different model device no longer results in data corruption.
- Deploying a large number of characters no longer causes the game to crash.
- Game scores are now properly reflected on the leaderboard.
- Several other minor bugs have been addressed.
Best game ever!
I've been playing this game off and on for well over a year, and it's still fun to me. The game is a real challenge, and takes a lot of time and patience to master it. I've perfected every board, and perfected every board but 1 without using a thief. When I perfect that last board I guess my Crystal Defenders experience will finally be at an end :(
Hopefully Square will release new levels soon so that my experience never has to stop :)
Fun time waster
The visuals are great, just like the old FFTA game, but improved thanks to the HD remake.
There's no tutorial to better explain units, nor to explain how best to acquire gil to make it to the endgame. The method to acquire gil is a little counter-intuitive to me. Rather than suspending your Gil right away to upgrade units. You're expected to hoard all of it for the best score and rather than volume, quality units are the best choice.
Had I not looked online, I doubt I would ever have completed even the first map of the game.
In spite of my naysaying, I have had a blast playing this. A proper explanation would easily change my rating to 5 stars.
Great game but W3 immediately crashes
W1 works no problem and is a fun game but if you try and play on the W3 the game instantly crashes !
Please fix Squaresoft!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 30, 2013
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 79.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 2008-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.