Osmos for iPad
By Hemisphere Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! **
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed!
“The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo
“The best iPad game yet.” — IGN
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
“Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode
“Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — App Store review
AWARDS / recognition:
* "iPad Game of the Year" and "App of the Week" — Apple
* Apple Design Award winner
* #1 Top iPhone Game — IGN
* iPad Game of the Year — TUAW
* Game of the Year — Create Digital Music
* Editor's Choice — Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* Best in Show — IndieCade
* Vision Award — Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere — IGN
* Best Soundtrack — IGN
* Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* New: Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Full Retina support.
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom…
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyte… and the deadly Ferax.
* Earn 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements, with Game Center integration.
* Progress synced via iCloud.
*** NEW MULTIPLAYER ***
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi or Bluetooth), or over the Internet!
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse.
* iPad vs. iPhone play supported.
“a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN
“What iPad Gaming Should Be All About” — Gizmodo
5/5 - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.” — MacWorld
4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play
“Osmos HD is THE game for the iPad.” — Pocket Lint
“It’s the best iPad game on the App Store” — MTV Multiplayer
“The first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.” — Wired
5/5 - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” — AppAdvice
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.” — GameAndPlayer.net
What's New in Version 2.3.1
• Fix for rare Startup crash.
• 4 new achievements!
• Multi-language support: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Inuktitut, Chinese, Japanese, Russian and English.
• Minor UI changes and fixes.
Great game, want more
I have been playing this game for almost a month now. At first, I didn't really perceive how short the game was; I finished the Odyssey in about one week, and then mastered three arcade levels. I have played several multiplayer games. However, most of the time I go on multiplayer I am unable to find someone to compete with.I would like more people to download this game.
They would not be disappointed with the three modes. There is nothing else like this game, and if you are new with the iPad, this game would help you learn the simple gestures, as they are used throughout the game.
Love it (I just had massive expectations)
A friend a year or so ago recommended this game to me and I only just downloaded this a few days ago. I had an unrealistic hope that the world, or whatever it should be called, would be endless and the game would just keep going. Sadly, no.
But this game is still great! Some levels and difficulty settings and slight variations. You will never play the same level twice. It's quite a relaxing game, and the sounds are cool too, though I usually just listen to my music with it.
Make sure you don't have somewhere to be prior to opening
Yes, like all previous reviews you have read, trying to decide whether or not to spend $5 bucks on a game, this one is certainly worth it. I usually have enough self control allowing me to easily pass out every night, then along comes Osmos. The music is phenomenal, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't put it down except to tell your wife "just let me finish this level" AWESOME....Simply AWESOME
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 09, 2013
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 20.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Hemisphere Games Inc
- © 2010 Hemisphere Games, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.