Audiobooks from Audible
By Audible, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Not enough time for all the books you want to enjoy? Download the app by Audible, an Amazon company, to listen to books on the go.
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 150,000+ titles to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad—from best sellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time your eyes and hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over wi-fi
• Chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits
• NEW! Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle app or device required)
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what you’re listening to
• Get insider information about author events and more with the Audible Newsfeed
Supports Audible.com, Audible.co.uk, Audible.de, Audible.fr, and Audible.com.au
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free app now and discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Let us help you at www.audible.com/help or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
What's New in Version 2.0.12
• Long audiobooks are now downloaded as single-part files. However if you prefer the old multi-part way, you can change it back in “Settings.”
• The Lock Screen/Control Center controls can now skip 30 seconds forward/back instead of skipping full chapters. You can adjust this in “Settings.”
• When downloading parts in a multi-part book or a periodical/subscription, you can now see download progress in the main library.
• We added play/pause and 30 second back controls to “Add Note” feature within bookmarks. This is great if you want to transcribe audio in your note.
• The “iTunes” section, which is for audiobooks stored via the iTunes app, is now hidden if you don’t use this feature.
Perfect for multi-tasking
I've been an audible user for over ten years. The ease of use, notification that I already own a book that I want to enjoy, ability to control replay all works together to let me enjoy a book without having to set aside the time to read it. I use it when I work out or drive and the ability to rewind 30 second increments allows me to change my focus when required and then go back and pick up where i was before the distraction. Love it.
Lockscreen Rewind is BACK!!
Thank you for bringing back the ability to skip back/forward in seconds (vs chapters) from the lockscreen! :D This makes my commute to work a whole lot safer because I can now simply use my steering wheel controls to re-listen to a specific scene from a book whenever I miss something due to road noise or some other kind of interference.
Efficiency at its best
I love how I can become familiar with a subject in hours because of the audible structure and the collection of books it owns. I think it's a great complement to physical books as well as letting you explore further than what physical books allow you to, in terms of convenience carrying the material around and ease of reading.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 23, 2014
- Version: 2.0.12
- Size: 32.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Audible, Inc.
- © 2013. Audible, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.