Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop - Personal
By Splashtop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CyberWeek Holiday Sales !! (retail $19.99 USD) Check out other Splashtop Apps On Sales as well!
"Both a breakthrough and a bargain." – NY Times
"Splashtop -- Meet the most popular app on iTunes." – USA Today
"No iPad-armed road warrior should be without it." – InformationWeek
"Apple’s Top 25 best-selling iPad app of ALL-TIME." -- iTunes
#1 iPad app in US in June 2011
#1 iPad app in 30+ countries
#1 iPad business app in 100+ countries
Over 18 Million Users -- #1 Remote Desktop App for iPad! Splashtop is the easiest and fastest way to access your Mac or Windows PC from your iPad!
Use Splashtop to access your computer on the local network with best-in-class video streaming performance. View and edit Microsoft Office and PDF files. Browse the web using IE, Chrome, and Firefox with full Flash and Java support. Play 3D PC and Mac games. Access your entire media library and documents. And more!
To access your computer from across the Internet, subscribe to Anywhere Access Pack via In-App Purchase.
* Use your iPad to access all of the programs and files on your computer with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Chrome, Safari, and all other PC/Mac applications
* Use your full desktop browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) with Flash and Java support, with all of your bookmarks and your favorite plug-ins
* Enjoy the full video and music libraries that are playable only on your computer, whatever formats they’re in
* Play all the 3D games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, Diablo III, etc.) and all the Flash games (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.)
* Enjoy the most vibrant experience with Apple Retina display support (when using native resolution)
Optional In-App Subscriptions:
Get Anywhere Access Pack to access your computer from across the Internet, via our global network of secure, high-performance servers:
– Access reliably across Internet, over 3G, from behind firewalls, etc.
– Optimized streaming performance under varying network conditions over Wi-Fi and 3G
– Fully secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Get Productivity Pack which includes Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad and Whiteboard:
– Control your Windows and Mac apps and games easily with on-screen shortcuts mapped to your most commonly used functions. Use the built-in profiles for popular apps or create your own.
– Annotate over any live remote desktop screen. Great for presentations and classroom instruction.
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
You may access up to 5 computers via your Splashtop Account.
Splashtop Personal is for non-commercial use only, i.e. use it to access your personal computers for non-work related purposes.
For commercial use in a professional environment, please use Splashtop Business which is specifically designed for the workplace offering enhanced manageability, security, and compliance (www.splashtop.com/business).
1. Install Splashtop Streamer on your PC (Windows 7, Vista, and XP), Mac (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion) , or Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). Download for free from www.splashtop.com.
2. A computer with dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for best performance.
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
- Copy and paste is improved.
- Bug fixes (SHIFT key is not auto locked anymore – thank you for your feedback!)
When it works it's excellent!
The app is excellent when it works. Actually I've tried every app that works like this for iOS in the App Store and this is the best one. The BIG problem is, it doesn't work well all the time. If I try to connect to my desktop or laptop in my office from my iPhone or iPad, I most times get an error message saying cannot connect or I'll log in to a black screen. So when I log out and try logging in again it tells me that there's already a connection and I cannot connect. It STAYS like this until I physically go and shut down splashtop and re-start it on my desktop or computer. Sometimes I even need to shut down the computer for it to connect! It's so frustrating! For this reason I find myself going back to using TeamViewer more and more often, and I'm about to cancel my monthly subscriptions with splashtop. For reference I have an excellent wifi connection and no trouble whatsoever connecting to other similar apps. The most frequent laptop I use is an Alienware running Windows 10 and it's super fast. Also connect using and iPhone 6Splus and iPad Air 2.
Does a very nice job remoting into my home Mac. I set the Mac to turn on at a certain time of the day and not to sleep. I then remote in (can have a password for the computer if desired) and basically can run my Mac from anywhere with internet. Best to have good upload speed at the site you are remoting from. I can shut down my computer remotely as well, but then will not be accessible till the Mac automatically reboots the next day. As a back-up, I have the Mac shut down at a given time also in case I forget. There was a glitch after an operating system upgrade a while back but that has been fixed. Definitely recommend using a separate keyboard with the tablet since using the keyboard on the tablet will take up a lot of screen space.
Download this app
This app is more useful than you probably think. Being able to access my desktop machine from anywhere is extremely useful. Now I can play games like sky rim with a bunch of mods or fallout 4 from my iPad, or iPhone. It's also great to be able to access Windows or OS X machines. The only part that's missing is for the streamer to run on Linux. After using this you won't want to use VNC or similar programs. Even steams home sharing doesn't work as smooth as this, if your into gaming.
On a wired gigabit network you can get an experience that's nearly flawless for gaming. Enough so that I can put my big desktop machine in a ventilated closet and have a quiet office that stays cooler.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 23, 2015
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Size: 49.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Splashtop Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Splashtop Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Anywhere Access Pack$1.99
- Anywhere Access Pack$16.99
- Productivity Pack$1.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$0.99
- Productivity Pack$16.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$9.99