Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop - Personal
By Splashtop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Celebrate Mother's Day!!! (retail $19.99 USD) Check out other Splashtop Apps On Sales as well!
"Both a breakthrough and a bargain." – NY Times
"Splashtop -- Meet the most popular app on iTunes." – USA Today
"No iPad-armed road warrior should be without it." – InformationWeek
"Apple’s Top 25 best-selling iPad app of ALL-TIME." -- iTunes
#1 iPad app in US in June 2011
#1 iPad app in 30+ countries
#1 iPad business app in 100+ countries
Over 20 Million Users -- #1 Remote Desktop App for iPad! Splashtop is the easiest and fastest way to access your Mac or Windows PC from your iPad!
Use Splashtop to access your computer on the local network with best-in-class video streaming performance. View and edit Microsoft Office and PDF files. Browse the web using IE, Chrome, and Firefox with full Flash and Java support. Play 3D PC and Mac games. Access your entire media library and documents. And more!
To access your computer from across the Internet, subscribe to Anywhere Access Pack via In-App Purchase.
* Use your iPad to access all of the programs and files on your computer with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Chrome, Safari, and all other PC/Mac applications
* Use your full desktop browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) with Flash and Java support, with all of your bookmarks and your favorite plug-ins
* Enjoy the full video and music libraries that are playable only on your computer, whatever formats they’re in
* Play all the 3D games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, Diablo III, etc.) and all the Flash games (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.)
* Enjoy the most vibrant experience with Apple Retina display support (when using native resolution)
Optional In-App Subscriptions:
Get Anywhere Access Pack to access your computer from across the Internet, via our global network of secure, high-performance servers:
– Access across Internet over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi
– Optimized streaming performance under varying network conditions
– Fully secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Get Productivity Pack which includes Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad and Whiteboard:
– Control your Windows and Mac apps and games easily with on-screen shortcuts mapped to your most commonly used functions. Use the built-in profiles for popular apps or create your own.
– Annotate over any live remote desktop screen. Great for presentations and classroom instruction.
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
You may access up to 5 computers via your Splashtop Account.
Splashtop Personal is for non-commercial use only, i.e. use it to access your personal computers for non-work related purposes.
For commercial use in a professional environment, please use Splashtop Business which is specifically designed for the workplace offering enhanced manageability, security, and compliance (www.splashtop.com/business).
1. Install Splashtop Streamer on your PC (Windows 7/8/10, Vista, and XP), Mac (10.7 and higher), or Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). Download for free from www.splashtop.com/downloads
2. A computer with dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for best performance
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168
- Minor bug fixes.
Amazing! I am no longer tethered to my PC
Having been disappointed more than once by apps and software, I was somewhat leary that this app would accomplish what I needed. I love using my IPad Pro for digital drawing and painting as well as photo editing, but for polishing and exacting detail work I still need the full blown software on my Windows system. Splashtop 2 makes my IPad not only mirror my PC screen, but allows me to work in the Windows software on the IPad. This means I can use my Apple Pencil to draw/paint, etc. on my Corel Graphics suite through the IPad without having to resort to using the clumsy mouse. I was expecting this process to be clunky at best since the IPad isn't intended to be a true graphics tablet, but I was shocked that there is no perceivable delay. In addition, I can even access my PC from my bedroom without even having to sit at the PC in my studio.
Cross platform worker
Update: An even better experience going cross platform in 2016. Now it is a large iPad Pro. I can run my Windows 10 machine flawless, as well as my wife's iMac. We are into multiple years of semi-headless. For me SplashTop plays well with others, smoother than the MS Client alternatives.
If have been using Splashtop2 for a good number of months. I use my iPad to access my XP machine down stairs. Uses: searching my archives, finding emails, pictures, pdf's. Sending emails using non-iPad clients. Playing flash, etc My only issue is that I lose the connection on the iPad to my XP machine, when I switch iPad applications. I avoid doing this.
I am impressed that all updates have been flawless, so far. And the link through my local LAN always works.
This app is very useful and great performance wise, so the only thing I would say could be improved is the aesthetic part and the user friendliness. For example more customization in the gestures, having everything be on one screen (options, choosing computer, etc.) so you can always see your computer screen. I want the app to have a modern experience to it when I use it (updating the app icon too). Also updating the desktop software accordingly and to also add in things like run in the system tray when it's minimized. I'd like to see more big updates I the future, keep up the good work 👍🏾 (UPDATE) Also, I didn't know you could stream audio from your laptop 🙌🏾 more updates around that would make this amazing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 31, 2016
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Size: 48.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Splashtop Inc.
- © 2010-2016 Splashtop Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Anywhere Access Pack$1.99
- Anywhere Access Pack$16.99
- Productivity Pack$1.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$0.99
- Productivity Pack$16.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$9.99