Audubon Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Butterflies
By National Audubon Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best field guide for the season!
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
Audubon Butterflies, now with NatureShare, a new community where users are able observe, identify, and share their observations and photos with the NatureShare community, features 627 butterflies of the U.S. and Canada. This guide contains in-depth, authoritative information based on the National Audubon Society’s "Field Guides to Butterflies," with updates by Rick Cech, a natural history author and one of the world's leading butterfly experts.
▪ Professional color photographs detailing every species with extraordinary clarity.
▪ In-depth descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on appearance, habitat, range and much more.
▪ ‘Journal’ feature allows you to track and annotate you personal sightings by location, and share with friends by email or Facebook.
▪ Advanced search functions by size, color, region, and more.
▪ Extensive reference section includes information on metamorphosis, evolution, observation tips, and detailed diagrams.
About Audubon Guides:
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of digital field apps created in alliance with National Audubon Society (NAS). For more information, please see: http://natureshare.com/home.html#apps.
About the Developer:
The National Audubon Society’s mission is to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife, and their habitats for the benefit of humanity and the earth’s biological diversity.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.8
- Updated Facebook library
- Adjusted resources for iPhone6/6+
- Enhanced performance
I use this all the time!!! not just to identify butterflies but for what plants to buy for my garden to attract them, and the shared sightings lets me know exactly what's in my area only thing I would change is for it to tell you the timeframe when each one flys but overall would recommend to anyone interested in butterflies
I've only used this app to identify butterflies and moths. I find it very easy to use.
Great database but
Great database! When I created my account it thought my location was Vermont (?). I found it very difficult to adjust this. Every time you log a sighting this will be an issue.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 238 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Audubon Society, Inc.
- © Green Mountain Digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.