With the American Airlines app, you’re covered with the information you need exactly when you need it. Curious about traffic to the airport? Need a mobile boarding pass? Wondering where the closest Admirals Club® lounge is located? All of this info, and more, is available at your fingertips.
- Dynamic home screen: Knows where you are in your travel journey and gives you easy access to the right tools at the right time.
- Mobile boarding pass: Check in for your trip and retrieve your mobile boarding pass. No need to print, and it’s updated along the way.
- Flight updates: Get the latest flight updates by simply retrieving your reservation and allowing American Airlines to send notifications to your mobile device.
- Interactive terminal maps: Navigating airports is a breeze with our interactive terminal maps. Find the closest Admirals Club lounge or get directions to your connecting gate.
- AAdvantage® account details: Review all the details of your AAdvantage account right from the app. Not an AAdvantage member? Sign up today.
- Upgrade your seat: Request and purchase upgrades with ease. Want to see where you are on the list? The app displays the upgrade standby list within four hours of your scheduled departure.
- Seat selection: Select or change your seat within the app. Just pick the one you’d like and change it on the spot.
- Track your bag: Know exactly where your bag is from the time it leaves your hands to when you extend the handle at your final destination.
- Save your reservation: Your recently viewed reservations are automatically saved in the app so you can easily grab the details for your next flight in seconds.
- Quick interactions: The American app utilizes 3D touch and is Apple watch compatible, giving you quick access to the most important info.
- Wi-Fi access in the air: Don’t forget on flights with Wi-Fi, you can use the American app and aa.com at no cost.
There’s a new group of flyers out there – The World’s Greatest Flyers. They know that having the right travel tools contributes to a great experience.
New with iOS10, the sky’s the limit with the American Airlines sticker pack! Let friends and family know that you’re traveling, headed to the Admirals Club® lounge to take it easy before taking off, snapping photos at 30,000 feet or that you’ve arrived.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
To make our app better for you, we make ongoing updates to improve your experience. Thanks for choosing American Airlines.
· Our app now supports Siri Shortcuts. Ask Siri for a flight update and get the right information at the right time. Flight details, driving directions, and more are just a question away.
· See all your flight notifications from the last 24 hours in one place in the new ‘Notifications’ center.
· You can now use your American Airlines AAdvantage® miles to book award travel on American or one of our partner airlines directly from our app
Ratings and Reviews
The app is great
I read through the reviews and took issue with most of them. People qualify themselves as frequent fliers and then mention that this app is dysfunctional...as an Executive Platinum member (i.e.- I fly), I find this app highly capable.
I find it useful in every way that I need it to be. I’m able to book revenue and award tickets, I’m able to select my seats, and when my upgrade processes I’m able to recheck my seat in the new cabin. I’m able to check-in and I find the app to be very useful in receiving flight updates. My company uses concur, and the moment my flight is reserved in concur it shows up in the app. I’m able to understand if my flight may be impacted based on the app-provided “inbound” flight, and I’m able to live-track my baggage in the event that I check bags.
I’m not sure what people expect from an app, but in reading the reviews it seems that people are hoping that the app somehow will solve all of their travel nightmares, but I’m afraid those are classic weather, mechanical, and customer service issues.
Reliable information, very professional. No stress!
Unlike some others, I do find this app intuitive. Love being able to see inbound flight info, and updates for flight information is very timely. I feel like I have an inside track because in many cases, I have learned about gate changes and other info before formal announcements. Seat change requests are accurate, and I’ve never been let down. When traveling, we rely on having accurate information and having control, and this app helps me keep the stress level down because I never have to guess. Yes, sometimes the in-flight entertainment is glitchy, but I’m on a plane sharing a small network with many users so I’ve stuck to using data, only for work, and viewing downloaded movies or listening to downloaded music. There are too many other entertainment options out there these days for me to hold this against the app when that is not it’s main purpose.
Least Useful Airline App. And Airline.
Not living in a city that is a major hub for one airline, I frequently switch between American, United, and Delta. After booking with my company’s travel department my flights on United and Delta automatically show up in their respective Apps, along with boarding passes showing my Pre-Check status. To get a boarding pass in the American App, you will have to enter your confirmation number in the app to view your reservation, and it won’t show Pre-Check status. My Pre-Check number is in my profile and shows in the app, but according to American, because we don’t book directly with American they are unable give me boarding pass in app showing that I’m Pre-Check. This requires a trip to the Kiosk where I have to check in and manually enter my Pre-Check number and get a printed boarding pass.
Push notifications are so far behind you won’t get a notice your flight is boarding until you’ve already (hopefully) landed at your destination.
The one bright side is easy access to terminal maps in the app. But this app and this airline are in desperate need of an update in user friendliness.
- American Airlines, Inc.
- 238.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2019 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.