Phantasy Star II
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An era-defining RPG. SEGA’s landmark sci-fi epic comes to mobile. Play for free and experience one of the most acclaimed games of its generation.
Team up with an unlikely ensemble of characters to thwart evil spreading across the once-peaceful Algo Star System. Combat mutants and robots, collect a plethora of equipment, and unravel the mystery behind one of the greatest RPGs of all time.
Phantasy Star II joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- An epic campaign lasting over 30 hours
- Classic 16-bit turn-based combat
- Battle against the mutants, robots, and other fierce creatures of Mota, Dezo, and Palm
- All manner of weapons to get to grips with, including laser swords, pulse cannons, and fire staves
- Eight playable characters, each with their own unique traits and skills
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT – fully integrated wireless Bluetooth controller support
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "An excellent game that will have you hooked from the first minute to the last - which will be weeks, if not months away." [94%] - SEGA Power #15 (February 1991)
- "A challenging quest packed with gameplay." [90%] - Paul Rigby, Raze Magazine #6 (April 1991)
- "If RPGs are your bag, you couldn't do better." [89%] - Zero #17 (March 1991)
- "There are few Mega Drive titles that can compete with Phantasy Star II in the lasting appeal department." [887/1000] - Eugene Lacey, ACE #37 (October 1990)
- "This is the game that set the standard that all further Mega Drive RPGs had to follow." [88%] - MEGA Gold Summer Special (1993)
- "It's big, it's lovely; it's varied, it's magic. It's Phantasy Star II." [88%] - MEGA #18 (March 1994)
- A remake of the game was made for the PlayStation 2 in Japan, titled Phantasy Star Generation: 2
- Eight Phantasy Star II text adventures were broadcasted to players with a SEGA Meganet subscription in Japan
- The game shipped with a 110-page guide book and map in the US and UK to help guide players through
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in Japan in 1989, with US and European releases following in 1990 and 1991
- The first game to use a 16 Megabit cartridge
- The first 16-bit RPG released in the West
- Programmed by Yuji Naka, creator of Sonic the Hedgehog
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Phantasy Star II, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- - - - -
What's New in Version 3.0.3
Help Rolf and Nei solve the mystery of the Biomonsters with these game improvements:
- Updated sound emulation for a more authentic experience
- Fixed an issue where cloud saves could be lost due to an interrupted connection
- Improved cloud save messaging
The latest version is a *massive* improvement!
Cloud saves actually work.
And when they don't work, you get notified of that fact. Useful info that.
After playing for a while, I've gotten more used to the lack of physical buttons. This is still the most difficult thing about playing this game.
Otherwise this is pretty sweet classic Sega. If you can manage to play without saving much, you avoid a lot of (but not all) ads. I have not paid for ad free version.
I was super clueless about how this game worked at the very beginning so I saved a lot. It's a hard to want to continue playing when you don't know what's going on and the Dave games don't save. So it's a really good thing that this issue was fixed.
Also, for those upgrading from previous version, my existing cloud saved games were retained and I was able to pick up right where I left off.
Not sure why people were complaining about sound/audio issues. It sounded fine to me. Just like a retro game should sound. Lo fi.
Cloud save now works!
After this update, my cloud save finally works so far. It is a good game so I'm giving it 4 stars.
After reading the developer's response from the reviews, I figure I'll give it a try. I saved my game in the cloud with the top right save button and in the game it self every hour to make sure. My game is gone not saved! The cloud save took me back to near the beginning! Don't waste your time unless they fix this!!!!!
Brings back memories, but don't pay for it!
This is the same fun game I remember. They fixed the save issue, provided you are always logged in to Game Center. However, if you have well over an hour an of progress you can lose it if you can't sign in for some reason. Even after the "fix", this has happened twice. If they won't let you play and save offline, paying for it (even though you still will be greeted with an ad, don't think it will ever be ad free!) is a ripoff!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 17, 2017
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 162 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sega America
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and PHANTASY STAR II are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove non-SEGA Adverts$1.99