By Plex Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plex organizes all of your personal media, wherever you keep it, so you can enjoy it on any device. With Plex, you can easily stream your videos, music, photos and home movies to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch from your home computer running Plex Media Server (available for free at http://plex.tv).
- Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information.
- Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Easily share your media with friends and family.
- Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device.
- Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (requires a premium Plex Pass subscription)
- Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (requires a premium Plex Pass subscription)
- Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT http://plex.tv/downloads/) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
What's New in Version 3.4.2
FIXED: Potential crash when performing a search within a section.
FIXED: Bug where certain searches would return incorrect results.
FIXED: Crash on startup for some users.
FIXED: "Unable to Cast" error when playing synced content on ChromeCast.
FIXED: Bug where watched states would sometimes be reported incorrectly.
FIXED: Crash that some users experienced after synching content.
FIXED: Playback of iTunes videos would occasionally fail.
FIXED: A few other minor issues.
First, let me say this an updated review. I posted a review earlier and I have to say the people at Plex have fixed all the issues I was experiencing with the exception of one. When I am listening to music and pause it for a minute or two then come back I get an "Unable to Play track" error and the song will restart. Also, this is a new issue but when I watch video on my phone some times I am getting no video I can hear sound but no video. I have to tap the seek bar a half dozen times and then it will work. This happens more frequently if I have watched a little of a show and I am trying to pick it back up. All and all, I love this app I hope to see these issues resolved soon.
Love this app
Casts to chrome cast And Apple TV. Works with little setup. I am running this with my library on and old DNS 323 NAS and I was able to stream content to my iPad from across town using a Starbucks internet connection. I don't know where all of the negative reviews are coming from this was the best five dollars I've ever spent on an iPad app. I can't wait to see how much more capability I can unlock
I can finally access my information on my computer on my phone anywhere without having to take up phone/iPad storage. I wish there were more apps as amazing as this. I never review or even buy apps but this is a must. Thank you plex! The cover art is my favorite part.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 09, 2014
- Version: 3.4.2
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- © 2013 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.