By Plex Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plex organizes all of your video, music, and photo collections, and gives you instant access to them on all of your devices. With the free Plex Media Server software on your home computer and Plex for iOS, you can enjoy all of your personal media on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and easily share it with friends and family. Plex also makes your media look beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information. With an optional premium Plex Pass subscription, you can even sync videos, music, and photos to your smartphones and tablets to enjoy while offline. Parental controls, premium music features, music videos, trailers and extras, and powerful management tools are also part of our premium offering. Getting up and running is fast and simple, so get started now! Enjoy unlimited use of free features of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription -OR- a one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Here are some ways that Plex makes your media experience awesome:
• Makes your media beautiful with artwork, descriptions, and more
• Automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device
• Makes sharing your media with friends and family simple and easy
• Lets you browse, fling, and control your media on most Plex apps
• Gives you access to a wide range of online channels such as TED Talks, Revision3, and TWiT
• Enables you to queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and then Watch Later on any device
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to all of your screens (such as your computer, smartphone, tablet, streaming devices, game consoles, smart TVs, and more!)
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server to all of your screens
• Remote control of your big screen Plex Apps
LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
UNLOCK FULL FUNCTIONALITY:
You can remove the playback limitations on the app in several ways:
• Use a Plex Pass enabled account to sign into the app -OR-
• Sign up for a monthly Plex Pass subscription in the iOS app -OR-
• Make a small, one-time, in-app purchase of just the iOS app itself
NOTE: If you've already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again!
Other features include*:
• Accessibility: Connect to your Plex Media Server wherever you are, whenever you want
• Plex Home: Use customized, managed accounts, and restrict content those users can access
• Camera Upload: Automatically upload your photos from your device to your Plex Media Server
• Mobile Sync: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing
• Security: Enjoy your media away from home, knowing connection is securely encrypted
• Plex Mix: Kick off a playlist of similar and related tracks from your collection at any time
• Rotten Tomatoes: See how your movie collection ranks with ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
• Related Movies and TV shows: Easily find similar movies based on selections in your library
• Top Movies: View top movies by genre, director, and actor
• Movie Extras and Music Videos: Access trailers, extras, and music videos from your libraries
*Please note, some features are only available to Plex Pass subscribers.
NOTE: PLEX FOR IOS REQUIRES IOS 8.1+; YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.12.5 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
What's New in Version 4.9
- Context menus can be opened using 3D Touch in addition to the standard long-press.
- Create playlists of music videos or add them to the Play Queue (requires Plex Media Server 1.4.1 or greater).
- You can now disable Camera Upload when connected to a different server.
- Changing remote control or sharing settings now correctly updates Plex.tv.
- Repeat one option wasn't working for Videos.
- Music could randomly fail after finishing a track.
- Tapping on the volume icons wouldn't actually change the volume.
- Disable Skip Next button in audio player when there are no more tracks.
- Admin Indicator is shown in the User List.
- Increasing sync storage limit now resumes the sync process.
- When the app restores a play session it will also restore the repeat mode.
- Fix random crash due to race condition.
- Fix memory leak when switching servers.
- Fix crashes playing items from search results.
- Don't show cellular video quality setting on devices that don't have cellular connections.
- Sometimes, the grid of albums in an artist screen and the grid of sesons in a TV show screen would be hidden until the user scrolls.
I love plex, I can stream my music and videos from anywhere. I love having my own cloud with an amazing user interface. It seems they are constantly updating 3 in the last month! And the ability to upload photos to your server, conputer, or other device is great!
Would be great if volume worked
When casting video (not music,) the volume controls are usually unresponsive. The onscreen slider moves, but it's full volume or mute. Since Vizio has an issue with their remote sensors failing, this is a real problem for me.
Also, the app often disconnects from the Chromecast device. When unlocking my phone or restarting the app, it typically fails to reconnect, or will stop the current media. This seems to happen more when shuffling music.
This app allows me to do what I've been trying to do on my iPhone for years; streaming stuff off my home pc to my iPhone regardless of file format. This app is awesome.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 15, 2017
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 86.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- © 2015 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices)$4.99
- Monthly Plex Pass$4.99
- Yearly Plex Pass$39.99