MARCH 2017 UPDATE
GPS LOCATION DOES NOT REQUIRE DATA ROAMING.
all map data is stored within app database so you do not need to be connected to the internet. [note: links from app to external websites do require an internet connection]
in tokyo, the focus is on retail shopping. we do not cover traditional tourist recommendations, so if you're looking for a guide to shrines, the imperial palace and ikebana, then this app is probably not for you. our travel guides are tightly edited, simple, and filter out establishments we feel you don't need to know about. we cover the top end of the market as well as the trashier end, but tend to avoid the mediocrity in the middle.
- gps location technology to pinpoint your location.
- zoom-able and pinch-able maps.
- 1 x tokyo city map.
- 10 x detailed shopping area maps.
- 10 filter categories.
- 750 + reviews.
- superfuture top 10 selection lists.
- search function.
- map background color changes to day time or night time.
- filter out mens or women's stores.
- access selected stores within department store lists.
- create itineraries.
- accommodation recommendations.
- get an overview of the city.
- get orientated with its geographical locations.
- get useful information to deal with everything from your arrival at the airport to coping with a shopping reconnaissance meltdown
- clothing, fashion, accessories
- interior, architecture, design
- food, cafés, restaurants
- drink, bars, clubs
- art, galleries, museums
- specialty, music, books
- beauty, health, body
- department stores
we recommend to purchase his app as an additional resource to the tokyo pdf superguide available at http://superfuture.com/supershop/
once this app has been purchased you will be able to access all future updates.
this iphone uses gps location technology. please note that accuracy can sometimes be erratic and affected by structures and atmospheric conditions. it can occasionally take up to a minute to get an accurate location fix. when walking you may find you are about 10 metres ahead of the flashing red marker.
gps location marker will ONLY appear when [you and] your iphone are within the boundaries of main city and detailed area maps.
for heavy duty usage we highly recommend purchasing an iphone power adapter.
we always appreciate any feedback you have to help make this superguide more useful.
// urban cartography for mobile shopping experts //
content update [september 15 2017]
Ratings and Reviews
It's worth the price
Cool design maps and up-to-date info. I'm a Tokyo resident but there are lots of new places I discover with this map. Yea price is a little high but definitely cheaper when you think about buying a hardcopy travel guide book, so I would say it's well with the price. Look forward to see other city editions!
You are getting robbed if you buy this!!
This is very disappointing with limited usefulness. Street maps are limited resolution. Much better are 'mapster' and 'Localscope'. 10 times easier to use, more functional, more local information, and a tenth the price. In a pinch, use google maps! Not much local info, but free and works world wide with lots of street detail !!! This app however is pretty much useless!!
Not enough bang for the buck
I've been a longtime fan of the superfuture PDF maps, but I felt like this app wasn't quite as deep and current as I'd have hoped. 3 stars feels about right and normally isn't a bad rating, but for this price I expect more.
- superfuture corporation
- 52.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © superfuture corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.