Textastic Code Editor for iPad
By Alexander Blach
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
It's the perfect app to view and edit your website and source code files at home, in the office or on the road.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV and Dropbox clients
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full keyboard dock and bluetooth keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Undo & Redo
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers or Dropbox
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
What's New in Version 5.3.1
Fixed: "Replace All" didn't work sometimes
If you like Textastic, it would be amazing if you could leave a positive rating or review on the App Store!
So much fun.
I’ve been wanting an app like this for iPad for years, and just discovered this last night. Finally, a tablet app I can markup and style with at my fingertips. Should you be wondering, it lets you build folders within the app when storing files — as you would a site — and like others, upload those biles using Dropbox, if you have that installed.
Works beautifully with a stylus.
Best $7.99 I’ve ever spent!
Go to editor
Textastic has been my go to editor on iOS for years now. Now with the iPad pro I can't wait to see how much more useful it will become once the larger screen is used more effectively, it has a more appropriate keyboard for the size available, and supports split-view.
For anyone who does any kind of development, Textastic is a requirement. Powerful programming and editing features wrapped in a well-designed and elegant interface. Makes it possible to do real programming work on my iPad. Would buy it again if I could.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 17, 2015
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian
- Seller: Alexander Blach
- © 2010-2015 Alexander Blach
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.