Flashlight by Rik
By Henri Asseily
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The completely free, ad free, advanced flashlight app for your phone with all possible controls in a simple interface optimized for speed. Now fully optimized for iOS 8 and iPhone 6!
Averaging 5-star ratings and millions of downloads, this flashlight app is a must-have utility for your phone. It fully remembers its state when you quit, and doesn't have any useless bloated art. Even if you already have a flashlight app, my bet is that it wastes your phone's memory and loads slower than this one.
This app transforms your iPhone into a very powerful flashlight using the torch of the rear camera. It works 100% of the time (unlike others), it is exceedingly small and fast loading (unlike others), and is completely free (unlike others). No internet connection used, no ads, no upsells, no marketing, just a flashlight.
I believe an app like this should be standard on all iPhones with a torch, which is why I provide it FREE, without ads, and will ALWAYS DO SO.
- No ads
- Flash on/off, INSTANT on.
- Light intensity control
- Any screen size including the latest iPhone 6 Plus
- Emergency Morse SOS mode on shake
- Strobe with complete control over the light AND dark timings (10ms to 2s)
- Morse mode (manual strobe)
- Loads extremely quickly, fastest flashlight on the app store
- Can completely darken your screen for better effect
- No wasteful pretty images
- Remembers its state when in background mode and across restarts
- It is impossible to keep the flash running in the background, iOS forbids it for 3rd party apps.
- This app manages a 10ms strobe speed (100 strobes / second), which is about the best that the devices can achieve.
If you're looking for a flashlight app that just works, loads as quickly as possible, stays in multitasking memory as much as possible for later reuse, or want complete control over strobe timings, this one is for you.
Please note: Continued use of the flash may dramatically decrease battery life
What's New in Version 3.0
Perfection is but a continuous journey forward. Dear friends with big iPhones, this one is for you.
• Fix for iOS 8.3
• Supports natively all iPhone sizes including the 6 Plus
• Added Hz value for those who asked (synchronize the dark/light timers to see it)
• Full rewrite in the new Swift language and thorough optimization. It's faster and faster... Note that right now any app using Swift gets an 8.5MB overhead because of the embedded Swift libraries. I expect that to go away as Apple gets all that stuff by default in the OS. So temporarily this app is going to be abnormally large (still smaller than the other stuff out there, but not insanely tiny as you've all been used to).
As usual, I'd love your feedback and reviews. And let your friends know about it. No real friend leaves another without a strobe flashlight. Because.
Have loved for years but...
I have loved this app since I had an iPhone 4! I tried so many flashlight apps back then and this one was the brightest light and without all of the extra junk you don't want or need. Then I had it on the 5 and a couple of weeks ago, I broke down and got a 7 and that is when things fell apart. I don't like to change what works and that I know and I am not a techie but with the failing 5, it has to be done. Unfortunately, when I launch the app and turn on the light, more times than not, the light doesn't come on and it is very disappointing! I am hoping that this will be fixed soon bc I use this flashlight more than I actually use the phone to make calls! Please fix it so I can have it back!!
Best flashlight app just got better!
Thank you, Rik, for making the best flashlight app on the app store even better! *So happy* to have the ability to adjust the brightness of the LED. I use it sometimes as a night light and my wife complains that it's too bright. This solves that problem and also helps conserve battery life - making my life easier. And that's what good updates are all about :)
Excellent until latest OS upgrade
Now with iPhone 6s at 11.0.2, flashlight usually does not come on when the app launches like it used to. I must touch the intensity slider or hit other buttons within the app to get the lamp to light. Still give 5 stars hoping for a fix
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 05, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian
- Seller: Henri Asseily
- © Henri Asseily
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.