Flashlight by Rik
By Henri Asseily
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NO ADS. Fastest, smallest, totally free flashlight that will always launch in the state you last left it. A must-have for your iPhone, and it fully supports the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
Averaging 5-star ratings and well over 1 million downloads, this flashlight app is a must-have utility for your phone: simple, useful, very small and very fast. It fully remembers its state when you quit, and doesn't have any useless bloated art.
It transforms your iPhone 4, 4S or 5 (iOS 4.3 or above, including iOS 5 and 6) into a very powerful flashlight using the torch of the rear camera. It works 100% of the time (unlike others), it is exceedingly small and fast loading (unlike others), and is completely free (unlike others). No internet connection used, no ads, no upsells, no marketing, just a flashlight.
I believe an app like this should be standard on all iPhones with a torch, which is why I provide it FREE, without ads, and will ALWAYS DO SO.
- No ads
- Flash on/off, INSTANT on.
- Light intensity control (only on iOS6 and later)
- iPhone 5 support
- Emergency Morse SOS mode on shake
- Strobe with complete control over the light AND dark timings (10ms to 2s)
- Morse mode (manual strobe)
- Loads extremely quickly, fastest flashlight on the app store
- Can completely darken your screen for better effect
- No wasteful pretty images
- Remembers its state when in background mode and across restarts
- Small, small, small. Less than 1/10th the size of most other apps
- It is impossible to keep the flash running in the background, the iOS forbids it.
- Dimming the light is only feasible in iOS 6 and above.
- This app manages a 10ms strobe speed (100 strobes / second), which is about the best that the devices can achieve.
If you're looking for a flashlight app that just works, loads as quickly as possible, stays in multitasking memory as much as possible for later reuse, or want complete control over strobe timings, this one is for you.
Please note: Continued use of the flash may dramatically decrease battery life
What's New in Version 2.0.3
Small bug fix when starting in active strobe mode.
Has everything but ads!
My old flashlight app is really annoying because after the last update it started showing full screen ads which I would accidentally click...
Many flashlight apps change to strobe on accident too, this one doesn't. You can also darken the screen by double tapping.
I'd say the ink way it could be better is to have a simplified main screen with one on off switch that has to be slid not tapped to turn the flashlight off, then you could switch to a settings menu for all the other stuff. 99% of the time I use the app it's just because I need a quick light and this would make it faster/simpler.
BEST iPhone light — here's why:
Having tried dozens of flashlight utility apps over the years, I can safely say that this is the ONLY one that:
1) is free
2) doesn't have ads
3) is as bright as Apple allows
4) includes dimmer & strobe settings
5) takes up almost ZERO space (many light apps are 10-20MB, while this one is only 0.1MB)
But the *BEST* part about this particular app is that it has an "instant-on" option. By enabling this, the light will turn on as soon as you open the app. You'd think this would be standard, but with many apps you first have to close through a popup or two, then sort through screens of "features" (i.e. glowsticks, lava lamps, screen colors, etc), configure a dimmer amount, and then tap on a (silly) light switch graphic — to make the light turn on. By the time you get through all that, the sun has come up and you don't need the light anymore.
This flashlight app has everything you want, and nothing you don't. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the #1 app in its category at some point.
Tryed many others, most fall short in one way or the other. Most also have annoying flashing banner ads which I will never put up with. This app is simple and well thought out. Good multiple sliders to control flashing led, (on time as well as off time durations between flashes) a nice simple large on/off button, a manual mode button that only turns on the led when depressed, lift finger, turns off. a shake to activate SOS mode. double tap to turn off. NO ads, no nag screen, no bothersome anything. well done.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 23, 2013
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian
- Seller: Henri Asseily
- © Henri Asseily
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.