By Image Nation Studio L.L.C.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instinct Magazine—America's #1 gay men's entertainment, fashion and lifestyle magazine—has gone viral! From the hottest cover guys to the newest looks off the runways and the best relationship features, Instinct has been showing gay men how to live out and proud for 13 years running. Every issue of Instinct features reviews of the newest music, movies, tech items and more, plus interviews with the biggest celebrities and introductions to everyday gay men doing great things in their communities.
And best of all, now you can purchase all prior Instinct iPad and iPhone issues all in one place!
Instinct mag Subscription
- 12 months subscription
- Price of subscription = $9.99 (or equivalent internationally)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
What's New in Version 2.5
New navigation interface
Restore & subscription bug fixes
Great Magazine, lousy app
I’ve been an Instinct paper magazine reader since its inception and have enjoyed it very much. Recently, I’ve been switching all my paper magazines to digital versions and most of those switches have been at least of equal quality if not even improved. Unfortunately Instinct definitely falls short of even the lowest expectations.
The images appear to be Jpeg scans of the magazine pages rather than PDFs. As a result, the smart zoom function to specific paragraphs of text does not work properly and every paragraph must be manually zoomed in. Even on a full-size iPad its usually necessary to zoom in as the font type and size are not optimal for digital consumption. Once zoomed in, a further weakness becomes evident, especially on retina devices: The images are of low quality and as the text is fairly small, compression artefacts become very apparent.
It seems as though Instinct is not taking digital publication very seriously and this app is an embarrassment for such a quality magazine.
While this app has some bugs, the tech support at Instinct is wonderful and professional. I wrote them and got a quick response. I can down get my magazine where ever I am in the world :)
So much for that new issue!
I downloaded the app because as the App Store image and the email I received from instinct stated that the newest issue (featuring Leading Men of the Year) was available both in print and in the app. Well, much to my surprise after spending 2.99 on the app just to get that issue, it's not even there. I want my money back.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 16, 2012
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Image Nation Studio L.L.C.
- © Instinct Magazine 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- INSTINCT 1 YEAR$9.99
- INSTINCT Feb/Mar 2014$2.99
- INSTINCT Feb 2012$2.99
- INSTINCT Feb 2011$2.99
- INSTINCT August 2011$2.99
- INSTINCT Feb/Mar 2013$2.99
- INSTINCT September 2011$2.99
- INSTINCT Apr 2011$2.99
- INSTINCT June 2012$2.99
- INSTINCT October 2011$2.99