By Instagram, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 16.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
It's amazing, but these bugs are driving me away from Instagram...
Instagram is amazing! In my opinion, it's far better than Facebook! You can talk to your friends, post, and the best part is theres filters! I've been using Instagram for while now and things were great, until now... I've been dealing with this bug for two months and whatever I do it won't seem to go away. Every time I go on Instagram, I can only stay on for 5 seconds and then it will kick me off! I have to delete it off of my iPad and install it again every time I encounter this strange bug, I've tried resting my iPad, refreshing my iPad page, ect and I still have this problem. I'm downloading Instagram as a write this review because I love Instagram very much, but the bug won't seem to go away. I just hope this bug will be fixed very soon before I give up on Instagram. :( I'd still use the online version of Instagram, but the Mobile version is better and also I'd be disappointed.
Algorithm Ruined My Experience :(
I have loved using Instagram for such a long time, it’s been a great way to catch up with my friends and to see what new things are happening! It wasn’t until their new algorithm that I started to use this app less and less, I simply miss so many of my friends posts and often see posts from 3-4 days ago that I’ve already seen. This algorithm has made Instagram incredibly hard to love even with my past experiences and passion for sharing on this platform. I think the best way Instagram can gain more users is by letting people see posts when they are posted exactly and in a timeline pattern. It’s sad to see such a great app have such a fatal flaw when it’s a simple fix
UPDATED: Give Me Chronological Feed or Give Me Death
I deleted Instagram after my previous review several months ago (see below). I downloaded again to see if they made Chronological Feed an option again. Turns out, they didn't. Bye bye Insta. Get it together. Cya when you fix this.
I'm an active Insta user and have always been a fan of the app since its inception. Over the past few months they have shifted to the algorithmic model for Feed, and it is TERRIBLE. Instagram is not Facebook, and its model does not work well with the "suggested best" posts first. I follow a lot of local businesses that hold contest or post daily specials, but I almost always miss out on these because they just don't show up on my feed. In fact, I'm more likely to see them 1-2 days later (no idea why) and get even angrier that I missed it. The same goes with important announcements from friends, or otherwise great posts. I'm just not seeing them unless I go looking.
If there isn't even an option to switch to chronological Feed, I'm going to have to pass on Instagram. Please give us this simple request.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 25, 2017
- Version: 16.0
- Size: 130 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.