Speaking Spell Third Grade
By BANG! Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We've had a TON of requests to migrate the iPad versions of Speaking Spell to the iPhone and iPod Touch, so we've done so!
I've always had fond memories of my Speak n Spell from the early 1980s, but there's never been a decent replacement for the iPhone or iPod Touch until now.
Speaking Spell provides not only the familiar keyboard input and voice response of the original Speak 'n' Spell but adds a number of features and enhancements that cannot be found with any other app, like:
- The spoken text is very understandable. We've used top-of-the-line text to speech software to ensure that students will not struggle with Speaking Spell's speech quality.
- A "Hint" button which recites a sentence using the word that the student is asked to spell. The format is standard spelling bee: A sentence, and then the word is repeated
- The word list is taken from actual spelling exercises used by teachers.
- The word list is constantly being added to and enhanced.
- The user interface is incredibly child-friendly. Not only does each letter keypress provide audio feedback of the letter, but the onscreen keys are highlighted and increased in size ... just like the standard iPad keyboard but with bright, easily readable buttons meant just for young students
- The word to be spelled can be repeated at any time, or skipped if the student is having too much difficulty with it - We're open to suggestions! If there's any enhancements that teachers and/or parents would like to see, we're happy to add them in future releases.Third grade spelling words include blends such as in AGREE, CHOOSE, and HALF. Words beginning with QU- are introduced, such as QUEEN and QUIT.
Third grade spelling words include consonant doubling, as in BERRY, BUTTER, and PRETTY. Third grade spelling students also learn common homophones such as PAIL and PALE.
They learn that words ending in Y become plural with the -IES ending, such as the plural of CHERRY, which is CHERRIES.
All in all we're very proud of Speaking Spell -- it's the best spelling drill, tutor and edutainment app for spelling on the App Store, in high-resolution to take full advantage of the iPhone and iPod Touch's capabilities!
What's New in Version 1.1
Speaking Spell's code has been optimized -- it loads and runs faster on all iOS devices. As well, Speaking Spell is now fully compatible with all versions of iOS from 3.1.3 through the latest version, including 4.2!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 16, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 27.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: John Czlonka
- © 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.