Alien Blue for iPad - Reddit Client
By Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alien Blue for iPad is the natural evolution of Reddit for a large touchscreen device. It is feature packed, and designed to let you interact with Reddit like never before.
With all of the features of it's iPhone counter part, Alien Blue for iPad packs even more features, including:
* Retina Graphics for the New iPad
* Sliding navigation to quickly browse posts and subreddits.
* Discover subreddits by topic & interest
* Thumbnail previews for links inside comments
* Night mode option for very low backlight and reduced contrast.
* Four color themes
* Ability to search Reddit's archive of posts
* Manage your subreddits (including Subscribing and Grouping)
* Add / Create Posts (and Self Threads)
* Multiple / Novelty Account Support
* One-Tap Imgur Integration when posting (and when commenting)
* One-Tap Quoting
* One-Tap to "View All Images" in comments
* Large buttons for embedded links
* "Orange Envelope" notifications from your Reddit inbox while you browse.
* Post, and edit your comments
* Exclude posts based on keywords
* Easily identify which comments are made from the Post creator. This is especially developed for AMA and AskReddit style threads.
* Collapsable comments
* Hide-All feature. Get fresh results every time. (syncs automatically with your hidden posts on the Reddit server).
The Reddit Alien logo, trademark and trade dress are trademarks owned by Advance Magazine Publishers Inc. and are used under license.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
Release Notes: Alien Blue (iPad) 2.3.1
- Fixed: [Critical] Imgur albums not loading on iOS 7
- Fixed: Possible crash when merging changes from iCloud
- Fixed: Tapping status bar to scroll to top not working
- Fixed: Account age showing "years" instead of "days"
- Fixed: Potential crash when receiving background notification
Excellent interface, customization, and convenience
Alien Blue is the much imitated Reddit app for I devices. It is constantly mimicked because it is the best, but rightfully so, you need to pay for the best. It's worth the money because you can do so many things that the other Redditt apps can't. You can create custom folders, all the links are, preloaded, there are notifications for messages, fun ways to explore the reddits that you've never seen before and there are no ads!
Should Be a Universal App
I use the iPhone version and purchased the Pro Upgrade IAP right away. Then I get an iPad a few days ago and have to spend another $4 on the iPad app? Why don't developers just make their apps Universal?
Oh well. I use this app daily so I guess throwing another $4 the developer's way isn't such a big deal, but add up the cost of ALL the apps I had to buy again because they aren't Universal and it came close to $50. Not real happy about that.
Worth Every Penny
$3.99 is nothing compared to how easy this app makes it to to navigate reddit. However, I really wish it supported flair in the sports subreddits (e.g., /r/nfl, /r/baseball, /r/hockey, /r/nba) where they are necessary to understand 99.9% of the comments. You don’t even need to show the team logos, just at least write out the team names (e.g., Patriots, 49ers, Bruins, Maple Leafs, etc.). Once that part is fixed, this is easily a 5 star app.