By Ivor Medical
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Save a life like a PRO!
Learn cardiopulmonary resuscitation with educational videos and receive help in real emergency with CPR coaching and feedback.
"For a mere $1.99, this is a download that could literally be a lifesaver." - 148Apps
CPR PRO IS YOUR BEST CO-RESCUER
CPR PRO was developed in collaboration with professional rescuers who perform CPR on a regular basis. It helps both lay and professional rescuers to deliver CPR according to guidelines, and offer the best chances of survival and good recovery to the victim of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
CPR PRO features include:
• Compliance with the latest 2010 international CPR science guidelines
• Educational videos demonstrating CPR and other first aid skills
• Instant access to CPR guide
• Call for help from the app
• Instant access to CPR coaching
• Visual and audio prompts
• Metronome to pace chest compressions
• Rate detection of actual compressions
• Detection of number of compressions
• Prompts to give two rescue breaths over 1 second, after the detection of 30 chest compressions
• Prompts to pace ventilation, when the airway is secured (10 per minute)
• Prompt to check patient every 2 minutes
• Stopwatch running continuously, helping you keep track of time (regularly reassess the victim, deliver defibrillation and drugs, change rescuer roles, etc.)
• Two modes of operation, 30:2 and PRO - to be used when the airway is secured or if unwilling/unable to provide mouth-to-mouth ventilations
• Recording of compression data
• Review of compression data on the phone
• Synchronization of compression data to a computer via iTunes or email
• Elegant and soothing design
• Designed to work with CPR PRO cradle for iPhone, soon to be available from Ivor Medical (http://ivormedical.com/products/cpr-pro-cradle/)
• Basic Life Support algorithm with photographs
• Complete Instructions for Use
YOUR ACTIONS ARE IMPORTANT
Heart disease is a leading cause of death worldwide. Half of all heart disease deaths can be attributed to SCA, a situation in which the heart abruptly stops working, so no blood can be pumped to the rest of the body. If SCA is not treated immediately, it causes sudden cardiac death (SCD). However, survival of SCA is possible. Administering CPR can double a victim's chance of survival. Unfortunately, research shows that only about 1 in every 3 SCA victims receive bystander CPR. Most cases of SCA happen at home or work, so you can easily witness a member of your family or a coworker collapse. Don’t be the one who doesn’t know what to do!
Get trained in CPR today and use CPR PRO as your trustworthy co-rescuer.
NOTE: CPR PRO is not a substitute for an accredited CPR course. In fact it is made for use by trained individuals (learn more about CPR courses on the app’s website). Prior to use of CPR PRO app, carefully read instructions for use.
What's New in Version 3.0
New educational video - Automated External Defibrillator. Two new features - check patient and call help. Faster metronome playing at 110 beats per minute. Subtitles of voice commands in 30:2 CPR mode. Check patient prompt appearing every 2 minutes in PRO mode.
It is a great app...
Really useful app for a person who responds to full codes regularly and wants great real time compression feedback. Way to go Ivor!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Mar 21, 2011
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 71.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ivor Kovic
- © Ivor Medical
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.