TextTwist 2 for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Let’s twist again!
Twist letters again with TextTwist 2, the sequel to one of the most popular word games of all time! Shuffle the letters and form words in this fun game for the entire family.
Try your skills in five challenging game modes. Play the original Timed and Untimed modes or take it to the next level with three other exciting modes: Letter Mania, Lightning, and Daily Word. In Letter Mania, fill in the whole anagram grid before time runs out. Each letter used is replaced by another. In Lightning, unscramble all five words as quickly as possible. Finally, with Daily Word, challenge yourself once a day to find the longest word available.
TextTwist 2 features a huge library of words to find and keeps track of all your playing statistics, plus much more. Win trophies to show off your word knowledge and unlock many cool fun facts to impress your friends. A must-have for word game fans — the learning excitement is endless in TextTwist 2!
• Twist letters and come up with as many words as possible against the clock
• Play five fantastic game modes to challenge your word knowledge
• Win trophies and unlock cool fun facts to share
• Tens of thousands of words keep the excitement endless
• Play continuously or in short bursts of fun
Highly recommended for fans of Bookworm, Scrabble and Boggle!
RealArcade Guarantee: We take pride in the loyalty and trust our customers show us when they purchase a RealArcade product. If you are not completely satisfied with your recent purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not quite there
I really love this game and I used to play it online all the time. But for the iPad there are some things that really bug me:
(1) somehow the bright white and blue is harder to read than when there was the yellow in the interface;
(2) after you submit a word, the letters come back in the opposite order instead left-to-right as they were just spelled - I think this is the most annoying of all;
(3) there's no button to "take back" the letters you've put up there if you have to change your mind - you have to take them down one-by-one and it wastes time;
(4) going to the next round, it is not clearly marked the words you missed vs. what you got - the little stars reveal them, but they should remain in a diff color or something;
(5) on the computer game the words are collected in alphabetical order - this helps the process of deduction;
(6) related to the last point, it doesn't have room for all the possible words - it's weird that at one point it just decides you have 'enough' 4-letter words for instance, when there are clearly many more that could actually be submitted.
So that's all my complaints, but over all I just love it. And I'm excited for future versions to come.
Not as good as the regular version
I love text twist on the computer, but this version is a not as well done. Some issues:
1. Doesn't allow enough space to enter all possibilities
2. The blue and white are too high contrast. The blue and yellow was much better.
3. I haven't found how to easily look up words that you don't know- if I remember correctly the computer version allows you to click the word and get a definition.
4. The words are not in alphabetical order Ike they are on the computer.
5. Once you get a word, the letters come back down all jumbled, not how you last had ordered them. This wastes time.
6. If you make a mistake, you have to individually remove the letters, you can't just clear them. And you can't just remove the one letter.
7. I can't get it to run at all with the updated version.
This is better than the similar games out there, but if you're looking for something that runs like it does on the computer, don't look here.
Crash on iPad and iPad2
The program ran fine and is a great program.
Started today, first screen is ok and than crash after shows menu.
We use it on iPad and stopped working. Than I tried it on iPad2 and does the same thing.
I closed all other apps, deleted Text Twist 2 and than loaded it again. Still crashes. Went to your Internet site, found no place to inform you of problem.
The only thing new is that we loaded Text Twist 2 on a iPhone4 yesterday and it works fine. Seems like it should not effect the iPad s.
- Category: Games
- Released: Sep 18, 2010
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 8.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: RealNetworks, Inc.
- © 2010 RealNetworks, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.