By John Kennedy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you need a quick way to determine if you should bother setting up your telescope, or just want to know if that bright 'star' is actually planet, this is an app you'll find very useful.
What's Up? displays the locations of the Sun, Moon and planets on a simple grid display representing the sky. There is no augmented reality, no motion tracking: just take a peek at the display and know what's up.
(For a complete 3D rendered augmented reality and motion tracking solution, please try the award-winning companion app 'Pocket Universe').
Slide the time-bar forwards or backwards to see if your favorite planet is going to appear soon, and from which direction.
If you already own Pocket Universe, this app is similar to the "Currently Visible" display mode, but - dare I say it - a little prettier, and quicker to use.
* Displays the location in the sky of the Sun, Moon, Planets and Pluto.
* Tell at a glance which objects are good for observation.
* Moon phases are displayed.
* Link to Wikipedia Page for more in-depth information.
* Southern Hemisphere supported.
* Network support only required for Wikipedia access.
Please note: Localizations are limited to Planet names.
What's New in Version 2.4
Note: This is a major update, and it now requires iOS 8.1. If you are using an older device which cannot run 8.1, you will not be able to update.
* Rewritten to provide support new devices, including iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
* New, attractive visual theme and improved user interface.
* New 3D Orrery view for a better understanding as to why the planets look the way they do.
* Drag the time-strip with two fingers to skip by a day at a time. Watch the planets dance!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 11, 2015
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Languages: Czech, Dutch, En, French, German, Japanese, Swedish
- Seller: John Kennedy
- © Copyright 2010, 2015 Craic Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.