TeamSnap is the No. 1 sports team management app for coaches, managers and organizers with over 15 million users in 196 different countries worldwide. We take youth, recreational and competitive sports into the 21st century by simplifying every aspect of team and group organization.
Our complete sports team management software makes managing any sport easier. In fact, we help teams in over 100 sports including soccer, hockey, baseball, basketball, softball, football, lacrosse and more. Any sport, any time, anywhere!
How can TeamSnap help you?
- Gather essential information with team roster management at your fingertips.
- Sync personal and team calendars for easy team scheduling.
- Track who’s coming to each game or practice with team member availability.
- Set who's playing in each game, arrange players in any order, and assign positions with lineups.
- Send messages to the whole team or just select groups.
- Receive real-time game updates with TeamSnap Live! team messaging and chat.
- Manage volunteers, carpools, field clean-up, lineup creation and more.
- Securely store and easily share team photos, files and documents.
How to get started with our iOS sport app in four easy steps:
1. Download TeamSnap and create your account.
2. Complete your team’s roster by inviting all team members.
3. Schedule your first event and sync calendars.
4. Make sure team members mark their availability so you know who can make events.
How much does TeamSnap cost?
TeamSnap’s iPhone app is totally free to download from the Apple App Store. Unlocking our best time-saving features requires one of our premium pricing levels. We also offer a limited-feature free plan.
Sign up, schedule, communicate and coordinate everything with TeamSnap for iOS in a few simple clicks. You’ll save hours on logistics and administration so you can spend more time coaching!
Want even more? Subscribe to TeamSnap Plus and see your entire schedule for all teams in one place. Perfect for families with multiple kids. Try it free for one month. After one month you will automatically be charged and your subscription will continue month-to-month until you cancel, which you can do online, at any time, with no fees, hassles or weird passive-aggressive salespeople. Subscribe to get started!
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions can be managed in Account Settings on your device. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
This update contains heart-healthy, unsalted pixels, made by the finest artisanal cage-free programmers.
- Launched an all-new schedule design. Now your dates are 50% datier.
- Fixed the interactive back gesture. There hadn't been that much pointless swiping since Cousin Bert tried to steal his own car.
- We now clear grouped chat notifications after you've viewed the chat. A notification after the fact is basically just gloating.
- Removed the Delete button from player profiles for teams where player management is handled at the organization level. You know who you are.
- Fixed an issue where some users were seeing the schedule multiple times with missing games. Really the worst of both worlds.
- Fixed an issue where animations in team setup weren't animating, which is really the one job of an animation.
- Fixed a bug where some users couldn't scroll to the Log Out button on small screens. That just made us seem clingy.
- Added a screen to better explain the Availability feature, for people who still haven't experienced this slice of awesomeness.
- Improved discoverability of the Fantag video highlights feature for TeamSnap Live, because, honestly, it's wicked cool.
- Fixed a crash when scrolling through archived TSL chat, or as they say in tennis, an "unforced error."
- Fixed an issue where some chats were missing from archived chat, leading to gaps in the ... and also follow the conversation ... very confusing ... possible dismemberment.
Ratings and Reviews
Messaging needs work
This would be an amazing app and an easy 5 star review IF the developers would make some easy fixes to the messaging. First, there is no reason to have so many different options for communication. Just have one team chat function. The chat function is what allows managers and coaches to put something out and players and parents to respond. The others are not even needed. The alert function works for putting out last minute information but no one can respond to it. They have to then move the conversation into the team chat if they need to respond. Also, the notification function of the team chat is horrible. Our team is getting notifications approximately 30% of the time when someone sends a chat message. Also, add the app icon badge that lets you know when a chat message has been sent. That’s the easiest way to know you have a message. Make the team chat a one stop for all collaborative communications and this app would be perfect. If the “alert” is such an important function, add the ability to mark a chat as urgent and you have the same functionality but it is all in one place. These are easy changes and unless the communication features are improved, I will be encouraging my fellow coaches to seek a better app for managing their teams.
Great app with one flaw they clearly are choosing not to fix
PROs: This app is great. Easy to add teams from multiple sports to organize practices, games, field locations, notes, etc. Also seamless integration with Applemaps or Waze (dependent on team manager putting right gps location into teamsnap). Ability to view schedule by sport, or across all teams for an overview of all the sports-related shuttling you have to plan around for the next month is indispensable. I literally cannot think of any way to make it more efficient to manage multiple kids in multiple sports.
CON: it is great to be able to share files as attachments to team communications (documents, pictures of the team, etc.). This can only be done via computer, not tablet or mobile device. This is absurd in the year 2018. Every app on every mobile device has seamless ability to take a picture and attach to whatever communication is being sent.
If anyone minding the shop cares about the customer experience, someone in the brain-trust at Teamsnap will put someone on a project to add this feature, and in 6 Months we’ll all enjoy it.
Good, but Photo viewer needs work.
This is a very popular easy to use team app. Have used it for years on many teams. One nice feature is the photo sharing ability built in under the “media’ tab. They include a generous amount of space and you can upload full-res photos which can then be shared by team members. The one downside is viewing. The standard viewer is 4x6, and it does not support using keyboard arrows like windows and other apps to scroll through the pictures. Instead you have to click the little next or previous arrows above the pick. Very monotonous and uncomfortable. Even more annoying is if you want to see the full size image you can click on the picture, but there are no controls to go to the next (or previous) pic! And since they don’t support keyboard direction keys, you have to figure out for yourself what to do. Which is hit your browser back button to take you back to the previous screen.
Hard to believe something so simple (yet important) to basic functionality was overlooked. Hopefully they’ll add it soon.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly making improvements to our app, and will pass along your comments to our development team!
- 158.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 TeamSnap Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- TeamSnap Plus $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.