By Eric Lombardo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GradeBook Pro is a powerful and intuitive paperless classroom management tool. Record grades, attendance, and student performance in an app designed with busy educators in mind.
•• Apple Featured App for Teachers ••
GradeBook Pro is a complete standalone solution, there are no in app purchases, subscriptions, advertisements, limitations, or third party services to pay for.
• Weighted and standard point-based scales are supported.
• Customize the grade scale with unlimited letter grade ranges.
• Categorize assignments to see student grades by category.
• Award extra credit or deduct penalty points.
• Drop or exempt a score to exclude it from the grade calculation.
• Override the number of points possible on a student-by-student basis.
• Record a note with any score.
• View student average grade, highest grade, and total point score.
• Categorized classes report overall and category-specific grades.
• Assign custom labels to four selectable behavior marks.
• Quickly track performance, participation, preparedness, behavior, conduct, or any other criteria.
• Mark students as Present, Absent, or Tardy.
• Absent and tardy entries can be flagged as excused or unexcused.
• Learn student names by viewing photos while taking attendance.
• Record attendance multiple times per day.
• Email a daily attendance summary.
• Create an email addressed to all present, absent, or tardy students.
• Student attendance status is displayed on the main and score entry screen.
• Assign attendance grades easily with the calculated percent present statistic.
• Create attendance, grade, performance, and roster reports for the class.
• Create attendance, grade, performance, and summary reports for individual students.
• Export grade, attendance, and performance data to CSV formatted files.
• Upload reports to Dropbox, email them, or view them on the in-app report viewer.
• Email a list of ungraded students by assignment.
• Five color themes to choose from.
• Import class rosters or scores via email or Dropbox.
• Backup and restore with Dropbox.
• Assign photos to students to view when recording grades or taking attendance.
• Copy students, assignments, grade scales, and categories between classes.
• Prevent unauthorized access with a launch passcode.
What's New in Version 2.93
V2.93 Release Notes
[FIXED] PDF attachments not properly attaching on iOS 7.0.
[FIXED] Text becomes invisible on the edge of the compose mail window.
As university professor, I can say that this app is well worth the price and has saved me countless hours for marking and attendance issues. I've used it for several years now and it is consistently updated and made better by developer. Stable and reliable with good backup option.
I'd give it 5 stars if it could copy all the information of the student if the student is transferred to another class. It's a real pain having to re-type all the grades and attendance, especially if it's late in the semester and there is a lot of information. Also, can there be a way to enter "M" for missing? It would count as zero.
A+ for Teacher Productivity
I have been using this app for two years. Love it! It has saved me so much time and prints/emails reports effortlessly.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 06, 2014
- Version: 2.93
- Size: 16.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Eric Lombardo
- © 2010 Eric Lombardo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.