By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device without the need to sync with iTunes.
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.8.34
• Fixes issue preventing podcast artwork from showing up right after subscribing to a new podcast
• Fixes VoiceOver issues related to the start/finish time indention settings
• Fixes VoiceOver issue preventing adjustment of play position slider in video player
Slow download (Updated)
Update: changed from 2-3 stars. The problem I mentioned below was not it downloading slowly on Wi-Fi. I initiated the podcast downloads while I was on cell service. When I changed to Wi-Fi, the app continued to download on the cell net and ignored the fact that I was currently on Wi-Fi. I deleted the download que and added them again and it worked just fine. Please fix this. I burntas through my whole 3Gbs of allowed data before I figured this out.
Seems to be a good app but I'm trying to download podcasts and it's moving at snails pace (.1mb per 30-40 seconds). I have a 100 mbps feed for my Wi-Fi. Please fix
I love to listen to podcasts as I walk to work, and Downcast is the best. So much better than the "other" Podcast app... I tried the stock app a few updates ago when Downcast lost all of my subscriptions, but it was severely lacking.
This has been the best app I have purchased, and I never have to sync my iPhone anymore to update my daily podcast feeds. Thanks!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 03, 2015
- Version: 2.8.34
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2015 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.