By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device without the need to sync with iTunes.
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at email@example.com!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.8.36
• Fixes issue preventing Downcast from importing OPML
My Favorite Podcast App
I have used Downcast since September 2013. I subscribe to 30 podcasts, have 36 playlists for a total of over 500 podcasts. Obviously I listen to a lot of podcasts. When I began to have issues with iTunes and Apple’s podcast app, I looked for another solution. That solution was Downcast. Then I began having syncing issues as a result of Downcast using iCloud to sync the desktop and iPhone programs, so I started using Instacast. The iCloud syncing issues with Downcast have been resolved and Instacast, is out of business. If you listen to a lot of podcasts I would recommend Downcast. The iOS version will cost you less than most items at Starbucks and I believe that you will be very happy with your purchase. If you like the iOS version be sure to get the Mac OS X version so that you can sync with your podcasts on your phone or iPod with your Mac.
Best Podcast App
I don't listen to music much, anymore, I listen to podcasts on my iPhone. I've used Downcast since its beginning. I've never been disappointed, never had a problem.
I have tried other apps, but only for a short time. They just didn't work for me. I always come back to Downcast.
By far my most used app.
Was a great app until
I bought the app. I have a very old iphone and do not want to update because I know the updates are designed to make the older phones stop working properly. Everyone that i know had an iphone 3 when the iphone 5 came out and i told them not to update because the new software wasnt designed for their phone but they did anyway and things just stopped working or became extremely buggy. but now downcast wont let me redownload their app unless I update. So im giving this app 1 star rating.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 31, 2015
- Version: 2.8.36
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2015 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.