By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device without the need to sync with iTunes.
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.9.2
• Fixes startup crash for iOS 7 users
Great app that keeps getting better
New update and Downcast keeps getting better! If you're having issues, just wait and they'll get a fix out promptly. I've tried a number of podcast apps over the years, but I keep coming back to Downcast for a few reasons. First, it can update feeds based on a location, which means I can have new episodes ready when I leave home or work. Second, I can browse episodes and descriptions of a new podcast and download ones to try out without having to subscribe. Third and most importantly, I can import audio files from other apps like Dropbox and create my own podcasts. It would me nice to have a simpler interface, but as far as functionality I can't find anything to replace it. Keep up the good work, guys!
Great for Audiobooks
I use this for all the audiobooks that I've purchased outside of the Apple Store or ripped from the library. I previously used Apple's music app, but ever since they moved audiobooks to iBooks all my audiobooks have been broken and the tracks won't play in sequential order.
I was dismayed until I realized that Downcast could import audio files that I had the hint of a solution to my problems. Now I just connect my iPhone to the computer, fire up iTunes, and then drag the audio files onto the Downcast app in iTunes. Voila, problem solved.
With this latest update I can also rename the playlist for each set of imported files, which is great.
Best Podcast App
I have been using this app for years. I have tried a few of the others but I always found myself going back to this one. I like all the controls and options you can set, I like the different playback speeds and custom skip back and forward controls. I can create auto custom playlists that update. Most of all I like that I can import my own recordings and listen to them along with other podcasts. I found that other apps had some of these features but this one had them all, and a nice format. They are also quick to reply with support and questions.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 18, 2015
- Version: 2.9.2
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2015 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.