By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device without the need to sync with iTunes.
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
If you encounter a bug or have a feature request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Twitter @DowncastApp. Thanks!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.8.31
• Fixes battery usage issue with episodes containing chapters
• Fixes issue causing episode description to be hidden when beginning playback in landscape while on an iPhone 5+
• Fixes pausing issue when dismissing video podcast when just playing the audio
• Fixes issue preventing playback speed action menu from displaying when holding the button down in the video player
• Fixes issue where playback starts at 0:00 for played episodes.
• Fixes issue preventing deletion from the download queue.
• Fixes potential crash when downloading episodes
Simple, effective, love it
The listening experience is better because of Downcast. Settings and controls are easy and intuitive. I love the ability to jump back/ahead buttons are perfect for when you miss something or want to get past something. I especially love playback speed of 1.25 where it doesn't sound too fast but does finish up a few minutes faster. Overall it's a wonderful experience. My only regret is that I did not leave this review sooner.
Update: May 2015: I had an issue with podcast playlists sometimes not autopsy in the next episode. Emailed support. Got a response so quickly I couldn't believe it. The supply email walked me through the fix. Turns out I had bungled a setting and they got me back on track easily.
Lost all my data
I was a regular user of Downcast until a bug in the previous update caused it to fail to launch. I was told by customer service that the only fix would be for me to delete and reinstall the app, and that because I hadn’t synced to iCloud, I would lose all my subscriptions, listening history, etc. Downcast doesn’t use the backups to iTunes which I had relied on. So, I lost all my data and rebuilt my subscriptions from scratch. This latest update required me to delete and reinstall AGAIN and I've discovered that iCloud only synced once at the moment I first set it up. All my subsequent changes are lost. Again. So iCloud Sync is broken, too.
Last update broke video podcasts
This is, hands down, my favorite and most-used app. It's full-featured and I love it. Until the latest update. Now, when watching a video podcast, every time something overlays the screen (a notification, control center, etc), the screen goes black and won't come back, even when the notification is dismissed. The only fix is to stop the podcast and re-start it...until it happens again with the next notification. If/when it gets fixed, this is a 5-star app. As is, though, it's barely usable.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 14, 2015
- Version: 2.8.31
- Size: 13.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2015 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.